Make Noise Strega

Sneak peak at Sarah Belle Reids video… sounds amazing here imo, not sure if it is a testament to the instrument or her incredible talent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzHiXIhGT1/?igshid=p2suvvmj1muw

9 Likes

Precisely!

2 Likes

Oh, common you said it like that’s the only sound he made with the Easel. It was just an example. I really like the MN products, I’ve had a 0 coast for a while.
My point is that I would like to see more musical demos, that’s all.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I m talking about. Really nice

I didn’t watch any of the vids until last night. I wasn’t blown away, then again I rarely am but here and there I heard bits worthy of further investigation.
I do quite fancy the more self patch meditations and experimenting with the touch plates.
That being said I can’t justify pre-ordering and dropping 550 sheets now on something expected in May, so for now I’m out but I’d be surprised if I didn’t find a way to get that slab on my lap before the year is out…
Omnia tempus revelat either way

Got it. I can see that. I actually like sound design, music, and experimental music about evenly, so I can see all sides to this. I just see a lot of people devalue the “bleeps and bloops” but not see how those same sounds could be tweaked and integrated into other styles of music. I’m totally fine with personal tastes not aligning with mine, but I guess I see opportunities in those other styles of sound design and musical thought processes.

2 Likes

It was quite interesting, especially the story of the creation of Strega

2 Likes

is not

6 Likes

Nice video. It was interesting when Tony was talking about how he wanted to have a lot of different points where saturation could happen, like Alesandro’s Synthi has.

3 Likes

Same here.
I can drench things in noisy delay and distortion with gear I already have.

Everyone’s going for the space tuna violin sound these days.

3 Likes

I can make a taco with the ingredients I already have but its not gonna be as good as that one I get from the sketchy food truck on the corner. :taco:

4 Likes

Have you tried the Chalupas though?

1 Like

Haha! Dude… learn to cook! Its fun, and tastes better than anything you can buy :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry, but can you do this at home?

You know that sauce is from scratch, and you watched them form the tortilla.

Makenoise, the crazy street food of synthesizers.

1 Like

Her demo was really nice. Noise and melody, and effects processor!

I did not realize that the input has an envelope follower!!! Finally looking forward to modulating shit with my sax!

2 Likes

Yeah some wild music concrete stuff with the trumpet and some really beautiful tones. I might have to try some slide guitar into it. Some really great little arp melodies from it too. Seems like they are getting that sort of living breathing elements into almost every function of the Strega.

Yeah hearing that makes me think it doesn’t actually have a LPG and instead we are hearing subtle feedbacks and saturation which add timbral elements as you push activation… pretty cool stuff if true.

1 Like

As far as I understand it from the Speedy J chat linked above, this is the essential element to the Strega, as inspired by the Synthi in particular, without trying to sound like a Synthi as such.

4 Likes

Yeah the Synthi inspiration definitely gets me excited. For me one kind of unforeseen effect of getting the Erica Synths Syntrx was it now just lives on the stereo send return of my mixer, it definitely holds on to the spirit of adding really nice saturation which to be honest until I got the Syntrx I was unaware was such a big part of the Synthi. Syntrx does have a buffered mixer matrix though so it looses some of the interesting uncertainties that a Synthi has but having it a little more stable is maybe nice if you want it to live on your stereo send/return.

Strega is definitely going on a aux FX send but then getting it’s own input channel on my mixer. The sort of mixed amalgamation between a voice and FX with weird interactions between the two is really exciting to me. Especially because on a DJ mixer I will be able to listen to it on cue live tweak and patch before feeling it is ready to bring in. Hope I am not over hyping myself on this unit but I’m really loving the idea of ways it might fit into my little system.

4 Likes

That sounds like a really good idea, actually (in general, in fact!)

1 Like