Make Noise Strega

9 Likes

Love how this synth looks and love the burgeoning boutique market that’s so full of inventive visuals. There are endless simple and organized looking synth UI’s out there already so I welcome the experimentation.

6 Likes

This is on the tube at the monent, being a mushroom worshipper I love what this guy does with his modular!

8 Likes

Best sounding demo yet. Showing a lot more range than previous ones.

15 Likes

Welp, I was hoping that all the negative Nancy’s in this thread would be proven correct so I wouldn’t want to buy this machine. But the demo videos thus far have essentially shown your posts to be a bucket of presumptive diarrhea.

10 Likes

delay_chip

12 Likes

I actually have 50 PT2399s just sitting on my bench. I’ve been trying to think of something to do with them for years. I might need to build myself something like the Strega.

4 Likes

Yeah there is some interesting stuff in there… I wonder if Hainbach has avoided listening to the talks on it or Sarah Belle Reids video on it because they way he talks about it he doesn’t seem like he was aware of the crosstalk and feedback that are going on behind the scenes between some parameters. I guess its hard to know, maybe he just forgot to talk about it but to me I feel like it would be the sort of thing he would talk about.

2 Likes

Good point, I agree it’s hard to tell because he had to cover so much ground and spend a lot of time answering everyone’s previously submitted questions. Maybe he’ll make some other Strega videos in the future.

Make Noise is doing a great job, their 0-Coast form factor and creativity is really pushing the semi-modular world forward.

8 Likes
12 Likes

It feels like they are almost marketing it as a effects unit?

1 Like

That’s how I kind of see it, basically seems like an strange half step between a mono synth and an effects unit. But yeah this demo doesn’t really even touch on it as its own voice. I really enjoy those nature sounds through it.

between the Strega and the 0Ctrl there’s the 0Coast.

1 Like

I don’t think they see it as either a full synth or a full FX box, I really like how the chip is so core to the sound & pushing a simple chip so much further than any other devices I’m aware of have.

4 Likes

It’s definitely residing within a space that overlaps both synth and FX. That preamplifier input is such a game changer with regards to semi-modular equipment.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion incoming :wink:

It’s too much Cortini for me personally… . Still, a cool unit but no thanks.

8 Likes

And I think we’re good on the marketing now, thanks.

Lol

I was going to update my eurorack with qpas and mimeophon, but I think I would reconsider two buy Strega and 0-ctrl, instead of these qpas and mimeophon. any ideas comments what should I do? :sweat_smile: currently Im having 0-coast, mother32 and system cartesian. I have also considered selling my Rene and getting 0-ctrl, Strega, qpas and mimeophon, but Im pretty sure my wallet does not like that.

Qpas/mimeophone vs Strega/OCtrl are two extremely different propositions. It’s difficult to say which one you should considering how different they are.

Having said that, the former combo is a much cleaner, versatile version of what the Strega offers. You already have sequencing. I would go qpas/mimeo.

But again it really depends on what you want.

4 Likes