Maybe syncing my modulars is the wrong approach

So getting into this game, there are many ways to sync up a bunch of devices. And it compels me to set them up to be like a Rube Goldberg machine.

Now this has merit, but I may be robbing myself of the playability of the synths on their own right.

I’m thinking I should multitrack a bit more, paying closer attention to playing the filters and not letting a 32 step sequence just loop. And worrying about triggering certain thing instead of actually playing in elements myself.

I’m talking about the Moog semi modulars by the way.

Just thoughts.

The fun thing with modular is that it really allows you to think outside the box.

i fun thing i like to do to sync upp Euro and Midi is that i´m using a midi to CV converter and then use the gates from an Arpeggio be the clock to my Grids… Grids syncs to the Arpeggio and sends trigs to my modules…
This becomes alot more fun if you are able to modulate the arpeggio (not alot of devices allows for this though) i use OP-Z mainly to do this where i parameter lock different Arpeggio rates. this allows for some really funky syncing.

my tip is to look at your kit and try and see how you can use it in unconventional ways.
Your Eurorack is extra good at being used in unconventional ways… Maybe you have a Sync in option on one of your machines, maybe you can round robin from midi to sync to midi again and make some cool syncing tricks there.

the sky is the limit.

1 Like

So is the number of patch cables available.