MB33 retro slides and accents with Digitakt

No one?

Anyway, I should receive mine on Saturday, I’ll see :blush:

Can’t wait, I love what I hear in YouTube demos!

I didn’t quite understand what you meant, but if you use 1 MIDI track on Digitakt, and make a note that is long and another one starts e.g. on the next step, it will work.

Here’s a nice recent video:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I was asking. Earlier in the thread it wasn’t clear to me whether this works ( because technically the notes don’t overlap) and some people suggested using a second midi track for the overlapping notes.

I just tried this for you on my Digitone, which should be the same. It definitely works as described, with 1 MIDI channel.

Add trig 1, Length 1/16, trig 2 on a different note. You hear 2 separate notes.
Increase Length of trig 1 slightly, you get a slide.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for confirming! That’s great.

Sounds like it would be interesting to increase length for the whole track as a performance stunt and get all slides, and back :slight_smile: (beyond just making a 303-style pattern)

1 Like

From the demos I’ve heard, this tiny synth is very capable in the department of 303-like sound! Can’t wait.

1 Like

I was thinking that a second MIDI track (muted) overlaying a bunch of less-than-1/16 trigs, would also cause mayhem.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about that as well. Sequencing monophonic synths with occasional additional MIDI tracks is fun for happy accidents and crazy outcomes!

That little box sounds amazing! And indeed, it’s already a good friend of the Digitakt. Lots of fun and great to get that bassline feel on a sequencer I know and love!

Just had a quick run, the kids love it as well :smiley:

2 Likes

Looking forward to any recordings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes me too! That’ll come, I’m re-wiring my jam table, as my mixer came back from repair. I’m receiving a multi-machines power supply on Tuesday or Wednesday, I’ll wait for that. But it’ll come!

To save you some head-scratching: the MB-33 is AC not DC like most.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes I’ve figured that out. The power supply is for my 3 eventides, moogerfooger, Rat, Doctor A and probably Multiclock.

1 Like