MD copy page with all machines 1-16?

Hi there,

So I have made a 1 bar loop on the MD.

Is it possible to use the copy page function and copy the first bar to the second bar (page) and cope all the machines 1-16 at the same time?

It seems like I can copy only 1 machine at the time.

I tried this with the record mode off…which would be logical, but it doesn’t work…

This sounds hackish, but it might work…

Make the pattern length only the first bar that you want to copy.

Copy the entire pattern to a new pattern.

Now change the length and it should repeat the already programmed bar.

I wonder if this wouldn’t even be possible just by switching patterns, then switching back.

The point is, when you start with a 16 tick pattern, then extend the length, it copies the first 16 ticks. if you then try to extend it, and then shorten it again, I think it kind of ‘remembers’ what you had done to the second bar.

Maybe just switching patterns, maybe stopping the sequencer, would ‘reset’ the remembered extended sequence.

It’s easy – begin with a 1-bar pattern, and as soon as you’re ready, just extend it to 2 or more bars. Any data from the first bar in all tracks automatically gets copied to subsequent bars. (i.e., jeffe’s right, but you don’t even need to copy it to another pattern first.)

You can also do this with a 2-bar pattern then extend it to 4 bars.

Another cool thing jeffe alludes to is when you shorten a long pattern, you can still lengthen it back again later and the data in the bars you lopped off will still be there. Great for jamming. :wink:

Thanks for this responds…I believe this work around will be suitable. However, I think the “pattern page copy” function could be implemented in a revised OS for MD…maybe idea for a feature request.

Yes… that would be cool, because the lengthening thing doesn’t always work the way it should. If you started with a longer pattern, changed your mind, went to a 16 pattern then back… sometimes the machine patterns won’t get duplicated, and your stuck keying things in again, or copying individual tracks.

Okay… maybe my machine has a glitch, but this isn’t working for me consistently. I just made a 16 step pattern that I wanted to extend. I did nothing funky, I’m in extended mode, I hit function scale setup, extended to 64 steps, and the last 3 pages are blank. Sometimes this works, sometimes it does not. I tried clearing the pattern and starting from scratch… same deal… so I don’t really know what the deal is with this. At the moment, I’m litterally keying stuff in for 4 pages.
If anyone knows why this might be happening, I’m all ears.
Cheers:)
Mike

Okay… maybe my machine has a glitch, but this isn’t working for me consistently. I just made a 16 step pattern that I wanted to extend. I did nothing funky, I’m in extended mode, I hit function scale setup, extended to 64 steps, and the last 3 pages are blank. Sometimes this works, sometimes it does not. I tried clearing the pattern and starting from scratch… same deal… so I don’t really know what the deal is with this. At the moment, I’m litterally keying stuff in for 4 pages.
If anyone knows why this might be happening, I’m all ears.
Cheers:)
Mike[/quote]
have the same problem, occasionally I thnk it is due to rec mode on, but cant find consistency in the feature/bug

Yes… that would be cool, because the lengthening thing doesn’t always work the way it should. If you started with a longer pattern, changed your mind, went to a 16 pattern then back… sometimes the machine patterns won’t get duplicated, and your stuck keying things in again, or copying individual tracks.[/quote]
I’ve noticed that when you lengthen a pattern to have more bars, the ROM machines don’t automatically copy over. A major pain when you’re jamming.