MD sequencing/triggering

Hello dears,
I post here an idea I would like to develop in the next days to implement the function of my MD, old MK1 sps model.
I would like to have a way to variate my pattern by an external editor that trigs a position written inside the a saved pattern.
Maybe someone of you knows a function built in the MD directly?
So let´s say if I have this kind of function I can jump -as example- from
step 15 to step 1 without passing by 16… and so on and on!
My first tool of inspiration is the Booglebeat Reaktor plug-in(and its upgraded 2nd version), the sequencer you find on the right of the image below, down the usual pattern sequencer, it´s a table where the square blocks stand for a position in the written pattern:

Here this sequencer moves only on the selected area in the pattern when turned on, creating lots of variation to just a single pattern!

This is part of an idea to make crazy broken beat/idm without laptop introducing maybe some external effect like the new roland scooper.
Regarding this last one does anyone have experience with it?

Some review on the web tell about a very sophisticated idea but a low sound quality.

Maybe you can use song mode…

never tried out the song function, but at a first sight is not what i am looking for, how it could help me to make what i described above?

Set up different patterns that are mostly the same pattern with different lengths, or rotated a little bit, and then trigger those patterns with an external controller.

You can’t just jump to an arbitrary part of the pattern unless you use song mode.

The nearest thing to what you want is to do like Jeffe told. You rotate you pattern over several patterns. With adjunction of multi map to select on the fly (instant select) the part of the pattern you want

… and

Wow, thank you. That’s very clever. I like the multi map idea too.[/quote]
i thank you too, now it is more clear and will give a try on the next weeks…
will be posting my results :slight_smile:
just as an instance: does song mode results less “performative” while playing live?

well, just made a rehearsal yesterday on the song mode… i must say that is nearly what i am looking for! maybe even better if i understood its potentials…
it looked very similar to a tracker like renoise but in a way thousand times more intuitive…

i have been always skeptic of the song mode because of my past experience when i had korg electribes… their features are horrible if compared with what i played in just one session…

i guess a new chapter of fun is opened :wink:

Yes it’s very fun. I use it to program drill rythm pattern. It’s a lot of reward. Results and simplicity are unique for a drum machine.

Of course you can tell me that Square Pusher use just a boss 660. I did too. But MD is more efficient.

Well I suppose if you know Renoise and tracker stuff you a bit found of breakcore and drill rythm.

The MD is, in my point of view, the best drummachine to complete this kind of programming. And if you want to do that, the OT is also a good machine to achieve it.

Well, we know also that most of people producing that kind of music mainly use computer, that’s more confortable, but for live improvisation, the MD is the box.