MD torx screws where to buy them?

Ive just bought, for the third time in 20 years, a UW Mk2 MD and Ive cleaned it all up nice but the 6 torx screws are rusty and damaged. I am in Australia so would like to buy 6 of them to get the box looking great. Any ideas? Amazon etc?

Check around for industrial supply type places. I usually buy my M-series screws from Amazon, but I’d think you should be able to find a box locally in Oz or from a SE Asia distributor.

Edit: just found this

Interestingly, “fastener” seems to be the professional term in both Oz and US. (I don’t want to think about how much $$$ I spent on fasteners for my sailboat restoration)

1 Like

You can get stainless steel ones on ebay, search for countersunk or csk hex/torx stainless IIRC they are M3x6mm but check before ordering.

1 Like

These guys should have what you need…
https://www.boltandnut.com.au/

1 Like

An electronics supply/repair shop should be able to source them for you. Often for far less than what you would pay on eBay/Amazon.

2 Likes

Ifixit have offers on their “toolkits” which are pretty good… albeit rebadged no brand stuff no doubt

1 Like

In cases like this I’d definitely shell out for stuff that’s actually machined to spec within the right tolerances and so forth. You don’t want to damage and over time wear out the threads on the busses that the screws go into.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Love this community

1 Like

I would write elektron support and ask them. I’ve bought parts from them a few times and they seem to be really on the ball with that kind of thing

1 Like