MDUW-ghostly behaviour of Inputs

Hi all,

The thing with my MDUW is that sometimes, when i have a sound source connected to the Inputs, the inputs seem to be active without any input machines assigned to any machine. that is, the input will be constantly open and active and its input signal sort of relayed straight to the outputs, without interference of an INP-machine…
this means i cant control any of it…its just there all the time, no matter if theres an INP of any sorts present in the kit or not. if it happens, it happens right after powering up. a couple of restarts usually solve the problem.
I am aware of input machines remaining active even when being exchanged for another machine until they have been trigged, but also trigging all machines doesnt deactivate it, it just stays open and in the way…
which essentially means that my MDUW tends to feature its inputs as a sort of 17th + 18th machine, but they cant be controlled…
just wanted to ask if anyone else is familiar with this kind of behaviour, and what they do about it…
btw i am specifically writing about INP-FA/INP-FB machines
cheers

Won’t a Ram R machine behave similarly?

Have you considered your use of ram machines?

They remain active till replaced by another machine that is triggered and makes sound.

So, midi, control, and sample machines that record sound, do not reset the input machine from a previous pattern even when triggered.

This is a feature of the MD.

If you want the input to turn off on a pattern change. you’ll need to have a trigger on the first strep of the input track with another machine (non MIDI).

thanks stinky for clarifying! tried it today and it confirmed your post.
oh and justin… isn’t every flaw a feature and every feature a flaw, too?
in my case, it has been a problem many times…