MegaCommand // MCL 4.43

i don’t even use the tm-1 anymore. you need a megacommand more :wink:

:+1:

Hey everybody ! Finally manage to take some time to go back to troubleshoot my mcl build, and everything is fine now (silly mistakes as always ^^) ! What a joy ! Only can use some features 'cause I only have a non-uw (aaah dreams of ram machines), but already I like the workflow. The only thing I don’t understand is how to setup the midi out in chromatic mode. I’m trying to send midi to my blofeld like I was doing before the mcl. Any advice ?

In config, you can set MIDI FWD: 1->2 which will forward MIDI from MD to output on MC port 2.

3 Likes

Thanks Justin. My blofeld is now receiving midi, but still have no sound when using the chromatic mode. I can’t find how to switch from the chromatic mode targeting the md to targeting ext midi, I only see how to receive from ext midi on the documentation.

Can I record MIDI notes from an external controller into the MegaCommand, playing MD machines, and making use of velocity? How about unquantized?

Might be better if you jump on the discord to help debug your MIDI setup. Someone should be able to help you out.

Yes, but no velocity support for MD chromatic mode. Default recording mode is un-quantized.

2 Likes

Ok cool so I can use my e-drumkit to record say a hihat pattern with natural accents, this is great news :slight_smile:

We don’t currently support drum mapping, or velocity drum recording.

MCL has a chromatic mode, you can play tracks chromatically using notes of a MIDI keyboard.

MCL 4.02: :rocket:

Download

Fixes:

- WavDesigner Trig keys would not respond when editing waveforms.
- Poly-page GUI fixes.
- Row name loading did not work when sequencer stopped.
- Allow CC loopback when forwarding or MD external control is enabled.
- Fix unstable behaviour when saving under certain circumstances.
- Fix double trigger when resuming play quickly after stop.
9 Likes

Hey guys.

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve been there. I was more active at the elktron-users time, and barely wrote here when we switched.
Before that, I was really into improvisation/experimental/ambient music; please check “Folie à six”: I organized and participated to this elektron fellows happy week-end in France. But at some point I needed to get back to rock bands and my MDUW then became the drummer (tight, on time, not too loud :smiley: ) of one of my those bands I set-up; a simple drum machine rather than an exploration instrument.

Some months ago, I’ve heard about an “unofficial OS” fr the MD… was stunned but as I barely use mine -but don’t want to part with it-, I did not search further.

These days, I was considering -again- buying a DT or M:S… especially for the microtiming feature that I miss.

I stumbled here… and must say eveyrthing I’ve just read is SO amazing!! I feel grateful to @JustinValer and @v-yadli as well as @mbang (I’ve arrived few days late for a request ! :slight_smile: Enjoy your familiy and make beautiful music!! ) and anyone else I may have not understood they participated to this adventure.

So first off: huge thank you and huge bravo to you guys for your effort and passion! I remember talking to Wesen when he was building the MicroCommand, and I was already impressed… now, you guys took this to the level above next level!

I may try to find the time soon to build a MegaCommand myself, or find someone to do it for me… still don’t know. First, I need some sleep :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just making sure I understand the documentation correct - this doesn’t add per track or per output FX? Eg. the reverb and delay FX are still only global on master?

Hey all,

I’ve been a complete turd bomb. If you requested anything from me, please PM me again.
I need to get on this for you all this weekend.

You know who you are :wink: I’ll increase the count by 1 as an apology or if you know some one else to pass it on to.

(just been crazy here and been having to help take care of a bunch of infected family members who made poor choices about vaccinations)

This is awesome on so many levels. Big ups all around to all involved

Side note:
Where are yall ordering parts from for the mcl? I ordered the bom list from mouser like 5 months ago and they’re still back ordered on stuff lol. Any pro tips welcome.

Same for me for some little bits and pieces… what are you waiting for?
edit: had luck with some IC’s by visiting a local electronic store. It’s worth a try! :slight_smile:
still waiting on button caps and switches tho

Im missing Optocouplers, encoders and a couple ics. Found a couple ics and 2 encoders on ebay just now lol. Can’t find the 6n137 octos anywhere. At least not vishay ones. Gonna have to start taking old gear apart here soon :joy: check mouser for your caps and switches :partying_face:

Ive always had to sub encoders.

Hi, 4.03 is mentioned in changelog, but only 4.02 is available for download.

4.02 bug: text entry screen is squashed on the left side (can’t select number 1 for example).

Many thanks for keeping this project and the MD x. OS alive! Where can I donate? :slight_smile:

4.03 is not ready quite yet.

In what section of the firmware did you notice the text entry issue?