Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I’m in. Ordered from Europe. Let’s see how long it takes to arrive!

1 Like

I had pre-ordered one but finally decided against it when playing around with the Empress Zoia / CBA Mood combo…

I have a Zen Delay collecting dust for no reason, not that I necessarily dislike it, but somehow never use it when I plug in a pedal to a synth or a drum machine…

I have many pedals though :wink:

1 Like

I am absolutely loving my Microcosm. I took it to play in bed last night just with an iPad and cans, but didn’t even get that far. Whilst fumbling for the mini-jack end to plug into the iPad I touched the tip, creating a ground hum/static thump and quite literally BOOM! I and it were off!
No shit, an hour and a half later, the Duchess (who is quite partial to a bit of Brian Eno) turned over and obviously commenting on the bleed from my headphones said “This is very lovely, who is it? Eno?”
I can die a happy man… Just from touching and occasionally licking the end of the input!
The thing is utterly beautiful!

13 Likes

whoa. I’ve been running lots of Lyra-8 into the Cosm, which is a lot like noise, but I’ve never just sent noise into it. thanks for the inspiring idea!

1 Like

I’m expecting you to try licking the rest of your gear and cables now to see what else comes out :yum:

2 Likes

On particularly special nights, as a younger man, whilst showing off to a small audience in the Mothership, I have been known to flick the OT’s cross-fader with the old tongue in a rather tragic homage to Hendrix and his tooth picken’!
And come on, let’s face it. Who hasn’t licked the cheek of a Moog in their time, ay?

5 Likes

So long as you don’t do the lighter fluid trick with it! :fire:

1 Like

ok, I’m beginning to get it now

3 Likes

I’ve watched this loads, Hainbach is the man. I even looked up a Suiko after this!

1 Like

for some reason I could relate to what Hainbach was doing more than other examples I’d seen… it’s a very tempting pedal.

1 Like

This was one of the clinchers for me and the Oscillator Sync live stream at the beginning of March.
The Mothership is grounded at the mo and out of action due to building work happening but I simply cannot wait to get it in there and process some mangled OT AND then back into the OT!
Interesting times here in the 'Shire.

3 Likes

aha, thanks for the tip on that live stream I missed it

I have the microcosm, and I was wondering if there was possible to have the looper fade the end to the beginning of the loop, so I won´t get a jump when the looper is finishing the loop and starting again from the beginning.

This is what people are actually looking for in used-gear listings

3 Likes

Microcosm Exploration 04
Digitone > Microcosm > Heat

4 Likes

How is the reverb on microcosm, compared to for example the strymon blue sky?

I’m really liking all the extras this pedal has, but I really need a decent reverb too. Big sky is overkill for me and limited to only Reverb’s, but are the options on microcosm underkill, or would it be enough for general synth reverb needs?

Specific questions:

• Does it have hold/infinite
  • Different algorithms
  • How would you describe its reverb sound (any comparisons that can be made)?
  • Is it enough for your reverb needs?

I find it OK - quite limited but does sound decent. I have an eventide Space as well because I will always love that pedal.

4 Likes

I also like the MC reverb, especially the more ambient C-D modes. I’d say they can be excessively huge, so I tend to go easy on the amount.
As for the infinite function, there’s a very handy hold sampler which freezes sound segments and processing those micro-samples through all the algos can bring some truly cool results!

8 Likes

nice pedal

Mine arrived on Friday! But I’ve been in sessions all day yesterday and today - won’t get chance to explore it til Tues…

In the time between ordering and it arriving, I kinda convinced myself I should dip a toe into Eurorack instead. So we’ll see if the MC survives a test drive or two!

2 Likes