Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Yeah, that craigslist price seems like just trying to recoup costs.

So far I’ve found this pedal to be about as subtle as a bag of bricks! I spend most of my time trying to tame it into my sequences.

The market for used stuff is crazy right now!

2 Likes

really… wow Ricky’s video as well as others gave me a different impression, you know of any clips showing a better example of the range you’re experiencing?

have you by chance tried out the meris otto bit jr, the repeats on Otto sound more musical to my ears, the cosm seemed more stiff, again Ricky’s video showed a good example of what I’m talking about on the ottobit, and I have one and love that thing, this is another reason I decided to hold off on the cosm so far?

Hmm, nothing on hand at the moment. I have seen the Ricky Tinez video and the “ambient wash” videos from collector//emmiter et al, but they tend to just set and forget. Tweaking knobs, especially on the glitch effects, or reversing loops with effects stacked on leads to some wild sounds.

1 Like

Yeah, but there’s a difference in asking near-new prices for used or out of production gear and asking $600 for a $450 pedal that’s still in production because they’re on backorder for a month.
People are wild. Lol

2 Likes

thats sad, I’m in Europe too. the import tax and shipping costs make it a tad to expensive for me at the end of the line

what do you sync it to?
masterclock of another device?

I ordered from Europe and paid like 20€ more than retailers price in the EU shops and the local VAT is high (23%).

where did you order from? the hologram US site?

I do, I sync it to the bluebox.

Yep. Just don’t look at US prices: all is cheaper there cause the prices you see are without taxes and Europe has higher VAT rates in general. Importation taxes and shipping add to the cost as well. End of the chain, our wallets are like frequencies in a compressor: squeezed to the max :wink:
So the price in eurozone is more like 500+ € (600 USD).

1 Like

I paid 650 USD for it after taxes here in South America :man_shrugging:

I ordered it too, 620 usd with taxes. We will see! What devices do you love to use with it? Elektron gear? Other synths?

Anything. This thing is meant for explorations/experimentations. If you can, put it as a Send/Return or External Audio Effect (Ableton Live for me).

2 Likes

I have it as a permanent send effect on my bluebox. It treats all my synths and my digitakt and stems imported from the computer. As long as it is midi synced, it will deliver usable results no matter what you run through it.

I used it extensively on all my new tracks, these two new ones for example feature it quite extensively: (deep minimal house) Antes de la Mañana | Elk012 by Phillip O | Free Listening on SoundCloud

1 Like
2 Likes

yeah, it really sings and shines when used on strings or harp type tones…

Great video, I really would have liked to never see it.

Gotta fight this GAS haha.

or trade something for it…anybody wants a ZEN Delay ?

:tongue: :innocent: :bomb:

Very tempting. What do you dislike about it?

I thought you had ordered one.

how does it work at slow/down tempo’s… everything I see is fast/

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I think the microcosm is awesome, but I use my zen delay a lot more. Zen delay is so freakin fun to use. If I didn’t have one I would make that trade. I might be in the minority here but yeah!