Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Nice, I really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

My Microcosm is out for delivery! Hopefully UPS doesnā€™t muck it up so I can jam a little tonight.

2 Likes

Thank you @MichaalHell, I really appreciate it when someone takes the time to listen and comment.

2 Likes

I make House with it. No ambient in this house!

I really enjoyed that. It seemed that the microcosm was applied subtly, but to great effect. How are you liking that combo?

1 Like

The Microcosm was often fully Wet. As an example, all the bass was created by the Microcosm (in response to the Kick).

These days, Iā€™m revisiting older Patterns made with the DN in earlier Projects. Even the simplest Pattern (Kick, Hats, Arp) makes Wonders when passed through this Pedal. With a little bit of study and practice, you can go far and deep.

3 Likes

Just spent an hour combining the pedal with a few instruments. The use for ambient is obvious. Lush, reverb and micro-looping drones are easy to lock in with a guitar or synth. A few settings do have a ā€œsweet spot,ā€ usually on the activity or repeat knob. I also paired the Microcosm with a simple DT drum track. The glitch settings were brilliant for this.

I think this one will be a keeper. Will have to look back at some of yā€™alls uploads for some more inspiration!

1 Like

In Europe, is the only option to order direct from Hologram?

There was a couple on Reverb this weekend - maybe still there?

For now, it seems so. They havenā€™t got EU distributor yet afaik

Iā€™m on the new firmware. Itā€™s weird, sometimes itā€™s very loud and the effects are pronounced. Last night it was not the case at all. Even when I maxed it out on the mix. I heard a reset can fix it, Iā€™ll try that tonight see if it makes a difference. Awesome and inconsistent pedal.

You can send a video of your issue to Hologram on Messenger, they are reactive. Hopefully weā€™ll get a new firmware to sort out inconsistencies.

Ya know, I noticed this too and thought I was going crazy. When I hold some effects they get screamingly loud. If you do contact support, keep us posted please?

Realizing I just needed to RTFM - thereā€™s a secondary Effects Volume control. Doesnā€™t account for the inconsistency across settings, though.

Yeah I use the secondary function a lot. Maybe itā€™s cause Iā€™m using a ts cable for the input and not trs? I dunno.

1 Like

You have Instrument or Line Level in the Options. You can check that out.

Edit : and donā€™t forget to push the Encoder to confirm the change.

1 Like

I did a global reset and it fixed the volume thing. Back to normal now. I tried changing the instrument to line level before and it didnā€™t make a difference. Global reset did, not sure why!

1 Like

I guess the impulse buys are starting to pop up, thereā€™s a couple on craigslist Los Angeles, and at least 1 on reverb

Impulse buys or flippers? Lots of flip-happy folks in the pedal market, it seems :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Saw one for $600 on Reverb

I guess they think it would be worth $150 to someone not to wait another month till theyā€™re shipping again for a new one.
Theyā€™re probably right is the sad thing.

People are unreal.

could be wrong but I think the oneā€™s on Craigslist might be to cheap to be flippers, think they were in the 4300-450 range I donā€™t knowā€¦ I almost impulse bought one myself but I think itā€™s just too subtle/ limited range for the asking price