Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Out of curiosity, I just clicked on my tracking number to see if it had generated an ETA and it has made it’s way over the water and into East Midlands airport, cleared customs and onto Heathrow, but 13miles away from me.
The ETA is Friday 17th so I sincerely hope it’s not just one of these “just sits there in suspended animation” for 5 days as it’s been superfast up until this point.
@Tchu how is it for you so far? Any early thoughts you’d care to share?

« New » firmware? You mean the one from August 2020 or?

Latest FW

For me, at first, delivery was suppose to be Tuesday, April 13 but it was delivered this Friday (April 9). Check if you have the « on its way » message.

I only had two hours to play with. It’s a very promising device but I guess it depends on your expectations. Cool results so far. This thing is meant for explorations.

1 Like

@Tchu good work. Really liked around 4.30.
Can’t wait to dive into mine AND I don’t have to much longer as it’s just arrived.
Can’t tell you how impressed I am with the whole delivery process. Received shipping notification at close of play on Friday evening and it arrived at 8am this morning (Monday) The whole paying Taxes/import duty at source worked like a dream and delivery was 5 days ahead of ETA. A very positive courier experience, which is a bit of a rarity for me recently.
Now I just have to manufacture/magic some exploration time!

2 Likes

Ah, man. The MC is my secret weapon. Midi sync is paramount on this device.

I do long takes with fully wet and then edit and layer with the original. Though sometimes it becomes the main sound of the song and the original gets dumped :joy:

2 Likes

Microcosm Arp Glitch
Sound Source : Novation Peak
Drums : Analog Rytm MkII
Additional Flavor : Analog Heat

This time, I went fully Wet on the Microcosm to fully Dry to fully Wet …

3 Likes

I posted this in the Share Your Tunes thread, but I thought it would be nice to post here, too. The Microcosm is doing a lot of wonderful work here. I’m borrowing it from a friend but will likely buy it for myself. Such an inspiring piece of gear!

9 Likes

Great work @lawmore.
Just got me Microcosm last week and have only had limited time with it, but I have to say, first impressions are it is indeed, an amazingly inspiring pedal.

1 Like

the more i see the demos the more i think this is more like an fx for ambient stuff, rather than doing glitches like what most people assumed in the beginning

still torn between this or the blooper. i know they’re not the same thing but

1 Like

I was actually hoping to upload another video before returning it which would showcase it being used with drums rather than for more ambient pads. My favorite drum machine I’ve used is still the Digitone and it works well with it ! I love the “interrupt” feature on the microcosm.

@lawmore Out of interest, why are you returning it?

4 Likes

It belongs to his friend.

1 Like

Microcosm Exploration 03 : Tunnel Granules
Sound Source : Digitone
Drums : Digitone
Additional Color : Analog Heat

Live Recording : Digitone > Microcosm > Analog Heat

This one is on the long side. Headphones recommended.

12 Likes

^ yeah, haha, I wish I could hold on to it! I was lucky enough to be able to borrow it. It’s funny because I live in Knoxville, where Hologram is located. But there’s no advantage in that for me.

1 Like

Of course it does!! I tell ya man, sometimes I worry about myself! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Very nice! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Go knock on the door, see if they’ve got any reduced price b stock that got chipped or dropped or something! Never hurts to ask!

2 Likes

Thank you @aloud. Much appreciated. I’m learning one by one the different FX’s on the Microcosm. Which ones are good with Drums, Arp Seq, single Sounds and which ones are not. It’s really a fun Journey.