Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I still have and like my Infinite Jets. It posed some challenges when I tried it in band rehearsal. I didn’t have my VFE Klein Bottle yet, which would have helped manage its level and wet-dry mix. One of those challenges was the volume jump in Swell mode. Granted Swell mode is intended for dramatic volume effects, but it’s hard to control in the band context.

Glitch mode was more of a hit with the band, for the songs where my job is to create noises like bird sounds, little kids screaming, etc.

Having to press two footswitches simultaneously for calibration is much easier with hands than with feet - yet another liability for live performance if you switch instruments at some point in the show.

That said, I keep it because it’s fun for sound exploration at home.

I would not use Infinite Jets alone though as some kind of barometer for judging Hologram Electronics as a company or the quality of their products.

2 Likes

Just received an email saying that my Microcosm has been shipped from Kentucky. OT’s Cues are gonna be busy.

1 Like

How long was the lag between order and shipment? (Asking for a friend)

I placed my order on March 1, 2021.

2 Likes

Ordered mine on 3/17… I’ll update when I get my shipping notice.

2 Likes

I just ordered mine from Hologram. It’s awesome that they take care of the import costs to UK, it should prevent the annoyingly long delay I had for my Eyesy last year!

One came up on eBay yesterday, I had a bid, but it’s now going for about £50 more than it costs to import a new one, and still has 6 days left. Crazy! I’ll just wait a few extra weeks. I’ve had a refresh and re-organise of my studio setup, and there’s a lovely space awaiting it

2 Likes

Yes. I will confirm shortly if all of this is true (it should be, though).

1 Like

It is true. I didn’t need to pay any import taxes after I paid them through their website.

3 Likes

Sweeeet. Fingers crossed they’re rolling through all the orders pretty quickly! I’ve kinda been assuming when the website says it’ll ship in May, it would be Mid to End of May. But who knows :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I just got a response from Hologram on an inquiry I had about my orders timeline :wink:
They’re on schedule to ship all April units out by the end of April. I assume this means they’re on pace for May units as well. Cutoff for April shipping was feb 19th - march 19th and units are shipped in the order that they were received (first come first served)… again, I assume this will stay the same unless orders have picked up a lot.

I got the estimated delivery date : Tuesday, April 13th (from Kentucky to Montreal).

Sounds like roughly 6 weeks from order to delivery then :+1::+1:

Faster than a Vermona Perfourmer, though. The ETA is 5 months.

I purchased mine on Feb 12th and received it in-hand on March 9th. It’s worth the wait! =)

1 Like

Good news, delivery is on its way.

1 Like

I ordered mine on March 3rd, so I’m hoping I shall get a shipping notification in the next couple of days.
I’m in the UK also, so I’ll report if the pre-paid tax and import duty thing works smoothly.

1 Like

I think it took mine about a month. Seems reasonable with the current supply disruptions from the pandemic.

Thanks to this thread I was able to improve the response! Green response is the way!

has anyone heard anything about them updating with more preset slots accessible from the pedal?

1 Like

For those of you who will receive their pedals from the April batch, it comes with the new Firmware.

4 Likes

Bang on cue, I have received shipping notification just now.

3 Likes