Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I asked them a month ago (Moog Audio Montreal) and they don’t sell it at the moment. It’s only available from the Hologram Website. So I ordered one and it will be shipped in April.

2 Likes

their website allows you to pre-order from the new batch

1 Like

I ordered one from hologram last year to Canada and it arrived in 1 or 2 days and there were about $100 in taxes and whatnot, just FYI.

3 Likes

When you fill the form, if there is extra taxes for your Country, it’s added automatically to the price.

Was it like this for you?

No, I had to pay UPS directly. They may have changed things since I ordered, it was from the first original batch.

1 Like

I will call them to see if they had some and if they will receive more.

I contacted them and they say that it was a mistake putting it on their Website. They thought that they could have some but Hologram called them to say that it was impossible to ship some pedals to dealers due to low stock.

2 Likes

I’ve placed orders for probably 6 things in the past few years from Moog Audio and have cancelled all of them due to inventory issues. They list a million products on their website without having much in stock and just string you along with made up timelines. A little greasy in my opinion.

1 Like

I never ordered something online from them. I always take the time to call them first and buy direct from the store (if they can have the product). I have a very good relationship with the staff (very good and helpful people) but I must say that I’m a long-time customer (since the beginning) so maybe I benefit from that intimate relationship a little bit. The fact that I live in Montreal helps a lot too (no need for the online store).

1 Like

I feel the pull of a pre-order…
Imagine you could get pretty for with just an OT and this! I would run the cue outs from the OT through this out to a spare mixer channel.

Usually for import fees & VAT you’ll be sent a bill before you receive the package

The hologram website is taking customs/import charges upfront for pre-orders with overseas delivery.

2 Likes

Hi! Question for the owners - how do you like this pedal in general?
I was very excited on the announcement, but was quite disappointed after using it. On paper it looks like a powerhouse of all sorts of granular manipulations, but in fact it sounds… bland and weak. Tried on different sources and the results are not impressive. The volume or gain staging is very low.
Does it need any careful amplification before/after?
Dunno, maybe my unit is faulty (bought it second-hand :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Somewhere in this thread I seem to remember details of a way to change the gain to work better with synths? Maybe it could be that?

This post probably:

3 Likes

can you elaborate on this? I read somewhere that the Microcosm has a sort of trigger/treshold (can’t remember the term now). Doesn’t it process any audio that goes in?

It was a problem with using the original triggering method, which is much less sensitive than the new one. You can see my post above on how to change between the 2 methods.
With the new one it works fine on synths, even with pads.

2 Likes

Have you tried other gear from them? I was thinking to maybe get the Dream Sequence to test out their gear as I could get a decently priced one.

No I haven’t.

A good friend of mine that I jam with had an Infinite Jets for a year or so before dumping it. Regardless of what he ran through it, he could never get it to make anything other than lo-fi, garden-variety reverb smears. I wasn’t impressed and Hologram stayed off my radar until the Microcosm.