Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Fabrikat. I replied to @aloud …forum glitch. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Mine already has the latest update but it still doesn’t work very well with synths, which is kinda disappointing… :confused:

1 Like

Here’s a tip that might be useful for others: after my previous post I decided to send an email to Hologram’s support regarding the triggering issue, and it turns out the pedal had reverted to the original triggering style after a factory reset, instead of the new triggering style introduced in v1.1!

Here’s the instructions to switch between the 2 modes:

“While in Global Configuration mode, tap the Select/Shift button 3 times rapidly. The indicator lights should change to either blue (representing the old triggering style) or green (representing the new triggering style). You can toggle back and forth by tapping the Select/Shift button 3 times. We recommend keeping it on the setting showing green indicator lights. Press the middle footswitch to return to normal operation.”

9 Likes

No that’s not how the MC behaves. You record a master loop then you can pile up overdubs. If you hold the left footswitch it will delete ALL the overdubs leaving you with the master loop.

I was hesitating with a pedal like the Pladask Elektrisk before buying the MC, they seem really interesting, maybe a bit more experimental. Although you can go pretty weird with the MC as well.

I tried the trick above posted by @theartistisirrelevant some days ago and it is day and night. I don’t even understand why the new algorithm did not replace completely the old one. Much more immediate and reactive.

3 Likes

so now how is it working for you?

I think he won’t reply before a week, he needs some time to rediscover the pedal :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a totally different pedal now, I can’t believe I didn’t contact support before! :man_facepalming:

@Blasted_pingin Ahahah I took a short break just to take a piss and reply to this! :wink:

1 Like

That was a lot of beer.

He might be typing very slowly as well.

1 Like

Or maybe he pissed a bit out of the target and had to clean. Then he went out, got a text, replied to it, then ate a sandwichand when he was about to choke on a pickle remembered that he had to clean. « Whatever » he thought, it must be dry by now and i can finish my sandwich as well. Then he cleaned. Twice. Then had a dessert. That’s a good two hours. Please someone stop me.

Ok wait, where is that denunciation button?

1 Like

I’ve been looking really long for a happy accidents pedal to serve as my que output remixer on my Octatrack.

If you set aside Stereo I/O which one would you chose out of MC, Mood, Blooper, Fabrikat, Tensor etc.

MC has been highest on the list but Mood is also very tempting.

I would not describe the MC as 100% fit for happy accidents. The sweet spots are IMHO quite precise to hit and i’m very glad you can save your presets.

1 Like

Does anyone know if new ones comes shipped with the latest firmware? I got one shipped from them 3 weeks ago and I don’t know how to tell what firmware is already on it and if it needs updating.

@ddiamond84 Basically if you do this operation and you can switch to green lights this means you have the latest firmware. I asked Hologram by email how to find out which firmware is installed and this procedure is something they asked me the result of. At that time they had not told me it was to switch algorithm though.
If you have any doubt you could also do the upgrade anyway :wink:

Just don’t forget to make a factory reset and this procedure once again after that.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!

Oscillator Sink Live with the Microcosm.

4 Likes

Worked like a charm and totally made it way more responsive. Thanks again!!

1 Like
2 Likes

Was waiting for stock at Moog Audio in Canada. Their site said “more arriving soon”, but now it’s been removed from their site entirely. Any ideas on where to purchase one in Canada?