Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Yes but you still won’t get loops that stay in sync with an external clock. Here’s a reply from Hologram I received a few weeks ago.

Microcosm’s Phrase Looper was not designed to stay in sync with an external clock. Of course, we have received feedback about this and may address it in the future, but as it stands, Microcosm’s looper functionality has remained unchanged.

5 Likes

Bit of a shame that. They’ve amassed a lot of feedback at this point, would be nice to see some action on some of it!

I wonder if a simple workaround would be to send a loop ‘play’ CC at the first step of the bar on MIDI sequencer of choice?

2 Likes

I must do magic cause it works for me. That is to say, i’m pressing REC and Play in sync with the help of the quantization.

1 Like

Yes so this is where I would expect the additional setting to do what I want but the manual confirms, the looper is synced to the tempo, not the midi clock.
Also the quantize setting isn’t adjustable. In my experience it does make it easier to get close to perfect loops by just using the foot switches, but it’s still just quantizing to the nearest bear, instead of bar. And I didn’t think the midi cc route is effected by the setting but still testing it out

Come on, you can’t expect from a traditional looper to quantize the first loop to a bar while pressing a footswitch. The recorded loop is not drifiting and i think it is due to MIDI sync.

1 Like

I mean I can admit, I may be spoiled but the Blooper handles this perfectly. The second it gets midi clock it syncs to it and is able to really easily get perfect loops. Midi cc messages are not even required, you just need to hit the foot switch and it can quantize to a bar as opposed to the beat

It has a setting where you can turn the quantization off completely or adjust it from anywhere between a whole note and thirty second note

I get that microcosm isn’t a dedicated looper, but frustrating it seemed so close to being one and fell short at the last piece

1 Like

Good to know. I may also reach out just to confirm and possibly make a formal feature request. It just seems like they are so close, I hope they are able to squeeze some more settings in to make this possible

2 Likes

So far they don’t seem very busy with pushing firmware updates…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Are these sold out right now? I can’t tell if they’re available or only for pre order.

You can purchase them directly at their site. I don’t think they’ve sold any to retailers… they even include VAT and import taxes in the price if you’re a EU customer, which is really nice imo.

1 Like

thought you had one already D

I do! Someone wants to trade for it and I’m wondering if it will be hard to get another one again.

I’ve just got one on a massive impulse and I’m a bit confused about the Stereo In. would it be preffered to route a DN headphone jack in; or via the stereo out into a merge cable?

With the headphones it can almost act as a send :wink:

1 Like

Yeah digitone has no seperate headphone volume but thats what i thought as well!

1 Like

that would be sweet if you could hold function and turn the knob for separate headphone volume!

3 Likes

It bugs me that after every time I power it off I have to put it back into Stereo again.
The lights are bright AF when enabled so i’m often powering it off.

Even after doing this :

(1) To enter Global Configuration mode, hold both Shift and Phrase Looper buttons for two seconds until Indicator Lights animate amber. A cyclical light animation will confirm you have entered Global mode.

(2) In Global Configuration mode, each control knob is assigned to a specific configuration menu. You can access these options by turning any one of the assigned knobs and opening the color-coded menu (In the example for steps 2 & 3, the Activity knob is being used to access the “input mode” configurations).

(3) Navigate through the options using the Preset Selector, pressing to select an option. The cursor will glow white upon selection and save the setting to memory.

Any changes made in the Global Configuration Mode will be retained between power cycles. To choose a new menu, just turn the corresponding knob.

2 Likes

Hmm weird; because that’s how I choose stereo all the time. But it forgets after unplugging.

EDIT: ok I tried it and I had to press the preset selector to save!!!
Thanks bruh lol

2 Likes