Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

Well that’s good to hear. That’s the kinda info that helps people make purchases.

Beware though. Only one year warranty.

1 Like

Pretty typical these days sadly. People are used to such limited confidence by manufacturers so why should they offer more?

In the mean time, my Jeans get free repairs for life and I never buy jeans from anyone else.

Yeah very sad. Empress is offering 4 years. Spaceman even a lifetime.

1 Like
  1. does anybody know how long the microcosm has been out, like what year it was released?

2. where’d ya get them jeans?

1 Like
  1. Early 2020
  2. Probably Nudie jeans?
2 Likes

Yup Nudie

2 Likes

Nudie Jeans?.. lifetime fixer uppers?.. never heard of these til now :slight_smile:

dayuum these jeans cost as much as a sampler, no wonder I’ve never heard of them hahahaha, they look good though and I like the lifetime stats… thanks for the tip

2 Likes

Me neither but I did some research after Rustys post and I’ll head to the shop tomorrow :joy:

2 Likes

Tangent:

So I only ever buy mine in the sales, I’ve never spent more than £75.

Also, check the Denim type - avoid the stretch demin because it wears through so much faster than the stiff denim and is not that much lighter.

Finally, check their repair network to see where you can drop your Jeans off to be repaired. You can’t post them in!

1 Like

Hello there, I just got the Microcosm from second hand and I am also facing the non selectable option 3 “True Bypass” from the global menu. All other parameters seem to be stored correctly.

As @esq stated, after option 3 selection (…clicking the Preset encoder and closing/reopening the global menu), the option 1 “Buffered Bypass, No Trails” is shown as current selection.

PS: Beforehand, I successfully did the firmware update to latest v1.13.

Did someone have an update on how to solve this?
This is a bit annoying for such a pricey little lightweight digital box…

Yeah, I hated this pedal. I found so many issues with it, it was a PITA and a real let-down. Sold it on so so fast… Sorry not to have any solutions for you!

What do Hologram has to say about this?

So it happened, after wanting it since it came out, I got the the Microcosm
So far I have mainly just been playing around with the different modes and it’s just great. It feels like something that covers a lot of ground
I do have a question I have not been able to solve and can’t find anything here about it (but admittedly still looking through the thread)

Has anyone been able to get the Microcosm to be midi synced to an electron device and setup to record perfect loops with the microcosm’s looper via cc messages?
I have it sent up to send the correct cc values and send clock but I am having trouble getting it to be a perfect loop, and sometimes getting the MC to switch from REC to PLAY is not really consistent.
I am probably just doing something wrong or not getting something. Anyone else run into this issue?

1 Like

Unfortunately Microcosms looper does not sync to midi.

Yeah discovering this as I dig for answers
I thought maybe the quantize mode of the looper might be the key but it doesn’t seem to help much.
It’s a shame because it seems so close to being able to do this perfectly.
I really love how the Blooper implemented this
Am I missing an option to change the quantization amount or something?

1 Like

It does sync to midi clock.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1852211/Hologram-Microcosm.html?page=21

I’ve been struggling with this a while ago but could not succeed due to the OT needing different value on the same cc IIRC.

Si ce then i just use the Microcosm looper and it’s actually much more direct and efficient with the pleasure of a good old stomp press :wink: i’m easily getting synced loop that way and i can then modulate the recording easily with the OT if needed.

1 Like

Yes, the effects do. The looper unfortunately not.

2 Likes

1 Like