Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I just want to be able to change the filter to high pass - low pass filter is useless for so much of the stuff I put through it and I’d love to be able to cut some mud when running it as a send effect.

5 Likes

I would love a band pass filter.

2 Likes

+1
Would be great if it was no filter at 12 o’ clock, then low pass anti clockwise, and high pass clockwise.

4 Likes

Did anyone manage to use the Microcosm as a MIDI clock for the 1010Blackbox? I can send the Blackbox clock to the Microcosm but not the other way around. I’d like to utilize the tap tempo functionality from Microcosm.

+1 on bandpass filter. Its the only feature I miss (after selling my dba Rooms). Anyone know any other reverb pedal that has a ‘live playable’ bandpass filter? (like dba rooms, zen delay has one too)

1 Like

Warning: after the latest firmware update, the MIDI part of the pedal is not answering correctly. We are several people concerned, i’d suggest to avoid updating until getting news from Hologram (they are not reactive so far).

1 Like

Thanks for the warning. I was actually about to update mine on the weekend.

Just saw in the FS section a Microcosm with a SN above #14000. Crazy how many they sold already.

2 Likes
1 Like

I have to say, a resonant filter on this type of pedal was a pretty weird move… I would much rather have a hi-cut, Low-cut instead of frequency and resonance… that my only real qualm regarding this pedal, otherwise it’s pretty incredible!

2 Likes

And yet they still can’t supply UK stockists!

Yeah, a tilting, continuously morphable tilt EQ/filter would be a bit more useful.
This forms part of a small list of feature requests I sent them last year.

1 Like

It’s a pity that they don’t seem to actively develop it further :frowning:

Looks more like they’ll come up with an entirely new device instead of firmware updates.

1 Like

yeah, not too sure - they’ve sold an absolute boatload and it is very feature-packed as is so maybe not too motivated to continuously iterate. There are a couple of quality of life improvements that would be great to have (EQ, filter types, patch change not cutting sound) but it is admittedly excellent in current state.

1 Like

I think they should defo sort out the issues it has with a firmware update, but it’s never going to be changed in a big way to offer new features. I don’t think ANY pedal should be seen like that - I think we’re spoilt nowadays with firmware updates to Elektrons, MPC, Roland etc. and lucky we are!

They’ve sold an unbelievable number of these. No need, in their eyes, to get a UK distributed who would take a cut of the profits.

Unfortunately I think this pedal has been way over hyped with all the usual YouTube influencers etc and it’s become something I loath. It just gets old hearing it do it’s thing. I wounder how well it will fair over time. Guess that’s me just being a miserable sod though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, this is what it comes down to, but they may not have fully considered their opportunities:

Unless their direct demand is in excess of their production capacity (which it could be), this is a false economy.

If they have local distributors, they lose some mark-up, but gain access to buyers who wouldn’t otherwise order from them.

I won’t order direct from them, due to all the related unknowns. Instead, I will wait to purchase one second hand locally.

This means that instead of getting, say, 50% of their normal markup, they get 0%, and they get 0% every time its sold on in that region.

They also may not take such a huge hit if their supply chain costs are reduced supplying other regions, compared to USA. Once these reductions kick in due to volume, say for a contralised European final-assembly facility somewhere like Poland, and an adjusted RRP for local currencies, they may see hardly any difference per unit.

Like I said, this is only the case if they are not already at capacity. Everyone is struggling to get chips to make electronics right now, so they may just not have the capability.

Yeah, get what you’re saying. Just doubt they can make them any quicker and doubt they want all that fuss. I understand having an EU partner or base, like Chase Bliss have done. But I also get wanting to sell direct. I think those that really wanted one just ordered one. It’s not too bad, unless it has issues and you need to send it back.

There you go.

It’ll be fine :rofl:

Anyway, you don’t need one of these, you need a Blackbox :wink:

1 Like

I had issues and had to send it to an address in Germany which was dealing with the return. They sent a new one right away.

3 Likes