Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I always thought the grey looks a little dull but still prefer that over the black one.

Whatā€™s with this grey color?
Mine is white. Isnā€™t it? :thinking:

it looks dope, but its kind of unimaginativeā€¦ i saw the newsletter reading ā€œspecial editionā€ and my first thought was that it was gonna be black.

I think SOMA is doing it rightā€¦ the Pink Pulsar looks awesome!

2 Likes

Also the pink Lyra 8 is so cool

1 Like

definetlyā€¦ Pink is the new black :smiley:

if SOMA ever did a pink Ornament 7, i would consider rocking a full on pink SOMA kit.

3 Likes

Do you like the Lyra and you have one?

I almost bought a black microcosm, but they sold out too quickly for me with my indecision. Then I had a listen to a few more videos of it, and glad I held off. Just not that interesting or versatile for my uses. Reminded me Iā€™m definitely not that into glitch effects. But rock on for the folks happy with theirā€™s.

when you take glitched out drums, synths, and basslines or anything really and slow them waaaaaaaay down another sonic realm appears out of nowhere

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl4CPyAMXtj/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Any audio example ?

Iā€™ve bought and sold this pedal three times. I always wanted to like it so much more than I actually did.

1 Like

basically any Paul stretch type stuff is a good example

this one starts off slow, but gets informatively good
I love this guys channel though and heā€™s obviously got good rhythm, I wish heā€™d make his tuts and demos with funky grooves.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing: great video!

HOLD looping is one of my favorite features of the Microcosm. Itā€™s so easy to create happy accident loops with it. Unfortunately itā€™s not possible to save the content of the HOLD buffer internally ā€“ or as shown in the video, to apply the Reverse function.

There are some oportunities to make this great pedal even better, but Hologram donā€™t seem to be interested in adding new features via firmware updates. They just focus on bugfixes.

5 Likes

doesnā€™t hurt to ask them

2 Likes

I did, in October 2020.

Response: ā€œWe appreciate user feedback and we will make sure to consider that note when developing future firmware updates.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna ask too, and for anybody who doesnā€™t like their contact page this email should work too

shipping@hologramelectronics.com

2 Likes

Yeah, I am using the live looper for transitions quite often. You donā€™t always catch something useful, thereā€™s always a chance you catch a way too disturbing sound that will then loop. But often times you get a nice atmospheric loop that you can then add reverb too, turn down the filter and then introduce a new part, maybe even re-introduce the loop later on.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve only had the Microcosm a few days, Iā€™ve got it plugged into my Bluebox mixer and sending it to the Digitone or Digitakt like in the link below, however Iā€™m finding most of the effects are hard to hear fully or sound quite similar to each other which is not how the demo videos sound, so Iā€™m obviously doing something wrong, has anyone else had this?

Iā€™m using it as line in most (not instrument).

1 Like

Iā€™m having similar issues running my ST and DT directly through it. Iā€™ve also found Midi sync to be all over the place. I got the Microcosm last week so havenā€™t really had time to figure out whatā€™s up.