Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

I thought this also, but I found out…

As you go thru the effects, the settings are not remembered and are whatever the knobs are positioned at. This is true for all effects except the area marked “USER” which remembers the knob positions. So basically, you are listening to each effect with the exact same settings.

1 Like

I’ve had issues with midi sync. Seems to drift all over. I have a question about the hold function: What exactly is it looping? Like, the last little phrase played? How many seconds? There’s really no detail whatsoever in the manual.

1 Like

I’m not really enjoying this pedal.

Only had it a week but i’m finding the results a bit inconsistent, which can be good or bad. But it’s just not for me. Much prefer running things through the Generation Loss MKII, i’ve also just received.

1 question, does anyone else have trouble removing the power connector from the unit? I’ve had to give it quite a firm pull to remove it.

Cheers!

This cracked me up. Haha

That’s definitely not normal, should be the exception. Have you checked the effects volume in the sub menu? (press tempo division + mix knob till you have four red lights). Maybe also check if your stereo/mono input settings are corresponding to what you are feeding it. Also make sure you are feeding it with the corresponding stereo or mono cable.

Are you sure it is drifting? I found out that the sync start does not work correctly all the time. Most of the time I have to restart my sync signal several times until the microcosm syncs in time. When in time mine seems not to drift from what I experienced, but restarting sync several times until it fits is still pretty annoying in a session.

yeah, mine’s quite tight as well. …been plugged and unplugged a bunch and it’s still tight. no issue for me

1 Like

Thanks.

I’m not in the habit of taking it out every time I finish using it but good to know it’s not just my unit.

These are handy

20cm DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm Male to Female On/off Switch Cable KANGPING for LED CCTV Security Camera(4-Pack) https://amzn.eu/d/b5dNkEx

2 Likes

Thanks

Just got my Microcosm. I have not be able to get it set up properly as a External Audio Effect in Ableton Live 11. I am on Mac OS. I use the new Focusrite Clarett+ 4Pre. I have checked the Microcosm by just plugging in a guitar and having that input into the Clarett+ and Live 11 and all is well. However I cannot for the life of me get the unit configured properly in Focusrite Control for my Clarett. I only use Headphones on headphone out 1. I have my guitar rig using inputs 1/2 and that all works well. It seems Focusrite Control is very confusing and I have tried to understand the manual several times now. So I am trying to send my 3/4 stereo out of Clarett to the Microcosm In (TRS) and the Microcosm stereo out into the Clarett 5/6 line inputs on the back. Does any know how the Focusrite Control should be setup when using Audio Send Effect? With a regular mixer this is a no brainer with a Aux but the Focusrite Control seems very odd. Especially regard headphone outputs. Thank you.

Made this on Lyra 8 through Microcosm, and some additional effects with SoundToys EffecktsRack, and added some voice samples.

1 Like

This is on my list of things I want real bad

Turns out limited doesn’t mean limited. Here’s another “limited” run of 1000 black Microcosms https://www.hologramelectronics.com/product-page/microcosm-special-edition-black-colorway

My Clarett 2pre also has four outputs. By default, outputs 1/2 are the main outputs. Outputs 3/4 are the headphone outputs, which play the signal from the main outputs. If you want to route outputs 3/4 to an external effects device, you need to change the settings in the Focusrite Control software. Change the settings for outputs 3/4 to 3/4 instead of 1/2. Remember that you can no longer use your headphones with this routing.

1 Like

This is exactly why I sent it back. I am still using my Scarlett 8i6 which works with headphones using 3/4. Thank you for clarifying.

5 Likes
1 Like

Hi, went on stage with the pedal… The noise of the pedal is a disaster, sound engineer was not happy neither was I…
I use the adapter coming with the pedal, also tried other but it’s really unbearable. Anyone has similar noise?

I definitely no longer have any GAS for this pedal