Microcosm | Hologram Electronics

wait til he learns how to use it

2 Likes

Damn, they gave it to him? Iā€™m so tired of every video I watch, the person says ā€œso and so sent this over to me.ā€ Jesus Christ do these companies sell anything? Oh yeah, they DO, considering Iā€™ve paid for every single piece of gear I have. This is really starting to get to me considering half of them have no idea what theyā€™re doing. The best way to use this pedal is to clock it, then you can actually control what comes out. Iā€™m sending clock from OT and cue to MC. Works very well.

7 Likes

Oh I feel you 1000%. Thing that I wonder about is how much of this free stuff just ends up gathering dust on bookcases? I mean come on companies holler at your boy. Iā€™d at least have it on a dozen of my never finished tracks.

Iā€™ve heard a few of them say ā€œItā€™s going back soon,ā€ or words to that effect, so some of them are loans. Probably some are gifts, though. I find it interesting that Hologram is doing this push so long after the pedal was released.

not surprised, itā€™s one of the most selling pedals in recent times,

I like shooks music, hologram new what they were doing, Iā€™m sure they hope heā€™ll incorporate it in his music when he learns more about it

1 Like

The Octatrack.

1 Like

lol

hush yo mouth, Iā€™m just talkin bout shaft, I mean the Digitakt

1 Like

thatā€™s odd. mine is dead quiet. maybe you have a faulty unit ?

I suspect the power supplyā€¦ Iā€™ll open a ticket at Hologram.

Could someone explain the difference between the hold sampler and phrase looper?

Please write as you might to a young child, or a golden retriever. Iā€™m slow.

1 Like

The phrase looper isā€¦ well a looper. You press, you play, it records, you press again and it plays back that loop.
The Hold is capturing a bit of what you just played and uses it as a shirt snippet in the back as a pad. You can then undo it by latching or pressing again.
I have yet to see the difference with the burst though, i forgot.
Also when using hold you can play over ut but with a dry sound. I donā€™t see the point tbh.

2 Likes

I was gifted one a few months ago and it was super noisy and I could only get signal out the left channel. I put it away and life distractions havenā€™t allowed me to revisit it.

Ahahah if you had to pay for it, maybe you would have taken more time to visit it :wink: I need to have friends or family who can make me gift like that :rofl:

1 Like

Actually it was a 10 year anniversary present from my job. And I havenā€™t revisited it because I had knee surgery and busy with rehab and stuff. lol

Thatā€™s the trick, iā€™d need a job for 10 years :wink: Good luck with the rehab!

This is such a marvellous effect box. Just got it and Iā€™m very happy with it. Feels like an instrument.

Hereā€™s an ambient analog synth looper jam:

4 Likes

Alright. Finally ordered it couple hours ago.
Wasnā€™t on the fence like this about something for quite a while.

Customs to Europe added another ā‚¬100, but: itā€™s done. Iā€™m excited :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How so? According to Hologram electronics theyā€™re supposed to handle all custom/VAT charges in advance.

https://www.hologramelectronics.com/intl-customs-notice

1 Like

yeah - that doesnā€™t sound right. Iā€™m in the UK - when I ordered from Hologram that was it - the price I paid was the end of it, no extra charges.

1 Like

They actually ARE handling all charges ā€“ but that doesnā€™t mean that they are PAYING for them. Their wording is ā€œFor your convenience, import tax / duties for orders outside of the US are automatically calculated under ā€œSales Taxā€ and included in the final checkout price. Paying these fees in advance allows for faster and more convenient international delivery.ā€

Whenever I buy from the US, whether itā€™s shirts, the M8, or anything else, Iā€™ll be charged customs. Thereā€™s a customs office that collaborates with the package companies (DHL, FedEx, UPS etc) ā€“ and they cannot hand out the item to you, if the customs fee hasnā€™t been paid already.

This can turn out to be a multi-week process with several mails ā€“ if the sender isnā€™t aware of this, it can be super tedious. For Hologram to precalculate the customs fee, and charge it from me, is exactly the kind of service I want.