Microdosing

Well, I’ve had a couple trips in last two years, not extreme doses but the one time I got into a lot of emotional baggage and like most, didn’t like a lot of what I found. Maybe I didn’t really follow up in a constructive way. When you say conversations, do you mean with others, or internally?

Definitely with others. Like a therapist is ideal. However friends, partners, who know how to talk with lots of honesty. Of course I need to remain open to hearing the truth, marinading on it for a while. Talking about it more. Sharing my growth as well as mistakes with as much honesty as I’m capable of.

I dont talk that way to everyone in my life, but there’s definitely a few that I’m able to do that with and I don’t take it for granted.

Id add that “tripping” is like a lot of things, if you practice at it, you get better with it

1 Like

I’ve been taking psychedelics since I was a teenager in the late 80s
I do it for much different reasons now than I did then. Spent all of my 30s never taking any drugs of any kind.
I got back into it in my 40s.
It’s become very popular, and although there’s a lot of information out there these days, much of it can be very misleading or misunderstood.

I’m not at all religious and more of a spiritual skeptic than a staunch believer in anything.
Nevertheless psychedelics propose real solutions for me in a way nothing else comes close to.

I only do them when I feel it’s time to take them. In a way it’s definitely fun also frightening. Its become a thing I do to get centered, inspired, gain new perspectives, or rekindle basic things that I loose sight of.
I take some of those things very seriously and definitely go in with a sense of respect.

I take them less now, but more at once with much more purpose.
For me that’s how I get results that make a positive impact.

3 Likes

I like regular doses, once in good long while for special meaningful occasions. Makes it more impactful.

1 Like

It is absolutely nuts how closely I parallel all of this. Past history, long break, current attitudes. Even our timelines line up.

As a veteran tripper I’m not real impressed with ‘microdosing’. I’ve done it plenty and it’s difficult to tell if there was any benefit at all. Somewhere between regular and macro. That’s the dose for me.

3 Likes

Same. As someone mentioned above, you kind of work your way up to the “big one” then you’re kind of transformed by it.

After a powerful trip I’m not at all eager to dive back in. I’m almost left feeling, I may not ever do it again.
Overtime life and the ego start to grind on me and I feel like tripping again. I’ll take 2-3g and get a good taste for it, but it doesn’t quite scratch the itch. That’s when I muster up the courage to really go in with that purpose.
I get exactly what I’m after.

Dmt is fairly new to me, 3 years or so. Yet it’s kind of given me an opportunity to get that powerful experience without being so taxing on my old ass.
I still treat it the same, working my way up to a breakthrough experience. It always leaves me with a lot to process to say the least.

These days there’s definitely a goal to the experience. Way different than my youth

DMT is the greatest. But it is so amazingly profound (for me) that I like to give a looong time in between trips. I guess to sort out everything I experienced the last time. And once again, similarity, I only discovered it about a year before the pandemic myself.

With the shrooms I like a good couple of grams but really since this psychedelic resurgence I started a few years ago, I’m way more of an acid man. Not that I necessarily ingest LSD much more often than I would shrooms, I just seem to enjoy it even more.

The frequency thing is where I kinda screwed myself when I was young. From 18-27 years of age I was doing acid and/or mushrooms at least every week. In hindsight that was way too much. I started getting into a loop of thinking pointless shitty stuff every time I tripped and ultimately quit because it just got old. Now I’m one or the other maybe every three months or so. It has definitely been fantastic for immediate enjoyment of life and seemingly for my overarching long term mental health as well. I’m glad to be back!

3 Likes

Pretty much exactly how I feel and what I’ve done :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve definitely rekindled my love for cid. However I like it for social psychedelic experiences and working on music. I’m not at all interested in taking heroic doses of it.
I leave that to shrooms and deems.

1 Like

You could meditate every day. That’s basically microdosing your true self :smiley:

5 Likes

2nd for meditation.
Sometimes surprisingly psychedelic. Been doing a session before work most days I can remember and it helps me maintain a level of patience that became fleeting after having kids.

As far as substances goes, Japan is unfortunately pretty tight about most things, so can’t risk it as a foreigner. One of the few things I miss about the US is the availability of weed. BUT! Japan has been easing up on CBD and recently CBN, and I’ve been using that off and on for a little while.

2 Likes

Microdosing? Hmmmmmm.

How about pushing your own body chemicals?
Healthy munchies, sports, you know, the seks….

Homeopathy works for some people because they believe in it. That alone is it worth it…… For some…

2 Likes

I too believe that human brains include all of the needed chemicals for well-being, happiness and creativity. It’s up to us to make them flow in a healthy way.

1 Like

Surely these concepts are not mutually exclusive? If it’s strictly an either/or type of equation this is the first I’ve heard of it.

1 Like

Nope, it can only be one or the other. Either you’re microdosing psychedelics, or you’re microdosing carrots. The two worlds shall never collide.

7 Likes

People with PTSD just need to eat carrots.

2 Likes

DUDE. Carrots are not your own body chemicals. Charlatan.

3 Likes

Try telling that to a carrot.

3 Likes

Carrots make my synthesizers smell like pineapples.

3 Likes

IMG_3077

8 Likes