Mid machine problem

Hi
I’ve just got my MD today and have finally sussed out how to create two INP machines for my Volca Bass.

I then loaded a MID machine on slot 14. My plan is to trigger notes on the Bass from the trigger pads on the MD.

I can change the note on the MID machine but this seems to change the notes that I’ve already input.
This leaves all the notes the same value.

How can I have it so that the notes on each step can be different values?

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Like everything else with the MD sequencing, it’s all parameter locks. You can parameter lock the note change. Make sure you’re in ‘extended’ and in grid recording mode. Hold down the trigger of the step you want to edit and while holding it down, turn the knob for note.

You can do this for any CC value and you can even parameter lock program changes mid-sequence.

you’ll need parameter locks for this - these are for locking parameter values to specific sequencer steps.

• make sure your MD is in EXTENDED mode (there’s a button for this on the left, p-locks only work in extended mode)
  • create a step in the sequencer in the midi track.
  • hold the step button, then turn the knob for the MIDI note
  • et voila

edit oh snap too slow :slight_smile:

Also - if you have your Machinedrum configured (in Global -> Sync) to send out external clock and control, your Volca will start playing its on-board sequences automatically if connected via MIDI.

I think that these sync settings are OFF by default, but it’s something to watch for if you want to do the sequencing with the MD.

Thanks everyone

Much appreciated