MIDI CC not triggering when changing patterns

Hi all… I’m a long-time lurker, and now I’m needing some help with my Digitakt, any assistance appreciated. I have googled, searched this forum and reddit and have not yet found a solution.

The problem I have is that my Digitakt is not triggering MIDI CC to one of my external synths after changing patterns, unless I fully stop the sequencer and start again. I am using Digitakt as master, and this issue does not happen with my other external synth when sending MIDI CC. I have found a temporary fix by parameter locking MIDI CC on the first step, however it’s an annoying process.

If it’s helpful, here is how my MIDI chain is set up:

Digitakt (master)

↳ AIRA TB-3 (not using digitakt sequencer)

↳ JU-06A (MIDI channel 2, required to stop sequencer to trigger cc change)

↳ Minilogue xd (MIDI channel 1, CC works fine when changing patterns)

In MIDI Config I have Track A and Track B set to MIDI Channel 1 and 2.

If there is a setting I have overlooked, or if there is an issue with my setup please let me know

Is the midi cc sent using an lfo , ie it’s just doing a slow lfo to give some movement to a parameter.

As you say, a parameter locked midi cc works.
Maybe the lfo is stopping and pressing play is restarting the lfo … which is slightly different to midi cc not sending.

Which synth is it

Has the CC value changed from one pattern to the next? Elektron gear tends to be “wfficient”, only sending new data when the data has changed, rather than repeat-sending data it thinks hasn’t changed since the last send.

Also, what CC are you hoping would send, and what effect should it have on the synth?

—-

Something about your description makes me wonder if you are expecting the Digi to send a CC to indicate the pattern change. Elektrons don’t do that. They can be configured to send Program Changes. You have to tirn that feature on. It’ll be with other MIDI Sync settings.