Midi in split (trying again)

hey y’all
been having trouble with this one for a few weeks and I think I’ve exhausted all the topics on here and elsewhere and still can’t seem to crack this…

…but it seems like my main question before I go into it fully is: can I receive midi clock to my digi from my arturia keystep while simultaneously receiving midi note information from my minilogue? it “works” before I hit play, but when I hit play on my master clock (keystep), the digi goes into doubletime, even when changing the scale. It’s like it’s receiving two clocks ?

here’s my setup

keystep out > digi split in 1) from keystep for clock 2) from minilogue for notes > digi through split 1) in boss vocal pedal 2) minilogue in to also control mnlg clock

KEYSTEP: clock send - on

DIGI:
-ports:
out port func - midi
thru port func - midi
input from - midi+usb
outut to - midi+usb
output ch - auto ch
receive notes - on
receive cc/nrpn - on

-sync:
clock receive- on
clock send - off
transport receive - on
transport send - off

-channels:
track 7 channel 14

MINILOGUE:
midi ch 14
clock source auto (midi)
midi route usb+midi
en rx transport on
midi rx prog chg on
midi rx cc on
midi tx prog ch on
midi tx prog ch on
midi tx cc on

thanks in advance! checked thoroughly through all the different threads and haven’t been able to find my exact query but if i’m missing something please let me know!

1 Like

sounds like it could be a MIDI loop. i would check MIDI settings on the Minilogue and make sure there’s only one device sending clock down the chain.

1 Like

Try disconnecting the MIDI Thru cable, that should fix it.

1 Like

thanks! my clock source on the minilogue is ‘auto(midi)’, but if i were to change it to ‘internal’, then i woudn’t have the minilogue receiving clock from the arturia, which i would need.
wondering if it’s another minilogue setting but any parameter i switch doesn’t seem to help

technically, yes, it does fix it, but i do need to use the thru (i think) in order to send clock out (from the keystep to the digi thru to the minilogue + vocal pedal)

Can you post a drawing of your MIDI connections?

1 Like

yes! hope this helps

What is the MIDI sitter device that you’re using?

just a midi Y cable! it definitely crossed my mind that perhaps those could be the culprit, but wanted to check everything else before buying something new. what do you think?

Can you configure the Minilogue to not send clock and transport messages?

I checked the manual of the Minilogue (non-XD) and doesn’t mention anything about how to disable clock out.

It seems that MIDI clock it transmitted by default.

Your Digitone is receiving clock from the Keystep and the Minilogue at the same time.

If you want to keep the same setup as you have now, you need something that can filter MIDI messages.

What happens if you connect the Minilogue to the MIDI in on the Keystep and set the clock source to internal via the dip switches?

It’s a long shot but maybe if MIDI thru and MIDI clock out is enabled on the Keystep the it would filter out MIDI clock messages.

i’ll try that! thanks so much for your help

1 Like

yes, the only available details about MIDI related to this are on page 46 and 58, other than that i haven’t found anything else either… :thinking: