Midi issue with KeyStep 37 (always playing track one + the active track)

I’m a new Elektron user and am connecting my KeyStep 37 with my Digitakt. I’ve set my KeyStep Midi Channel to 14 and set the Auto Channel on the Digitakt to 14 as well, so that I’ll control the active channel on the Digitakt. I’m also using Overbridge.

The KeyStep correctly plays the active Digitakt track but it also always plays track 1. So, for example, if I have the active Digitakt track set to 3, when I play the KeyStep, channel 3 and 1 will play.

Any suggestions for how I can troubleshoot or set things up differently? Any help is appreciated!

Jerry

Sounds like track 1 is also listening to channel 14, same as the autochannel. (The tracks defaults to listening the same midi channel as track number, but it is configurable). I’d know where to find the configuration for that on my M:C but I can’t give you exact pointers on the Digitakt.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll chase that down and see what I can find out. Interestingly, when I disconnected from Overbridge and just connected directly to the Digitakt with midi the problem went away.