Midi keyboard triggering external synth THROUGH model cycles

This is what I would like to achieve: I want my keyboard (Arturia Keystep) to control an external synth(Behringer Neutron) and but also have the keyboard able to write information onto the Model: Cycles sequencer on the fly. So what has to happen is that the Model: Cycles has to begin triggering the Neutron once it has received sequence data which would be input through the Keystep. Prior to the Cycles having sequence data it is just an invisible sequencer and control would be handled by the keystep. Now… I’ve successfully input midi data through my keyboard into the Model:Cyles to trigger its internal sounds, thats all fine and good, but this next step is technically using M:Cycles as a kind of “midi thru machine” in way. I’ll mess around with this either way but if somebody here knows the exact settings on how to achieve this that would be pretty cool and save me some headache. Hope you can help me out. Thank you

Go to the Menu and define the Midi out port as Midi thru. Then connect the neutron to the Midi out port.
That should do it.