Midi mystery : pattern volume

Hello Elektronauts,

I have a specific question that does not seem to have been asked before.

The Digitakt manual indicates that the midi parameter for pattern volume is 119. The same parameter is also used for the depth of the second lfo. When using an external controller on that parameter (squarp pyramid), only the lfo part is affected.

Is that a bug? Does it mean that if I want to control the pattern volume I need to do it from the digitakt? Or is there an aditionnal step that I’m missing to control the pattern volume via midi? The manual indicates that the parameter for the second lfo has both a MSB and LSB part. Could that be relevant for this issue? I admit that I still have no clue on how to use MSB/LSB with an external controler.

Not the most inconvenient problem, but I have been trying to figure out on my own without much success. So I call on the wisdom of the community!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ps: I want to increase the pattern volume to give an extra boost to the chorus of a song, nothing too complex

I believe the pattern volume you’re referring to is a Compressor parameter, which affects master volume, and likely accessed via the FX channel.

CC 119 on a track channel is MSB for LFO2 depth.

1 Like

You need to enable FX Control Channel in the DT’s midi options and send the CC on that channel from the ext seq. See pg66 in the manual.

1 Like

Simple and to the point, thank you internet dweller!

Will try ASAP, I am confident that it will sort the problem out, thanks a lot!