MIDI out query

Please advise midi query:

Machinedrum (mki) out into monomachine (mkii) in, monomachine out into rytm in. 3 machines in sync.

Rytm out into machinedrum in, machinedrum out into monomachine in. Monomachine doesn’t receive sync. However will sync from machinedrum thru.

Am I missing something? Is this mki related or does the machine not send clock from out when receiving external.

To clarify I want to send midi notes and cc from machinedrum to monomachine. Also, maybe I’m imagining it, but the rytm makes the machines groove together in a different way than using the machinedrum as source clock.

In general, if you send MIDI clock messages from unit 1 to unit 2, then the same MIDI clock messages will be sent from the MIDI Thru port of unit 2. To get MIDI clock messages from the MIDI Out port of unit 2 you would have to activate the sending of MIDI clock from unit 2.

Your approach of sequencing the MM from the MD with note and CC messages is a little uncommon. Is there a particular reason for doing that rather than using the MM’s internal sequencer?

“the same MIDI clock messages will be sent from the MIDI Thru port of unit 2”
yep, standard.

"activate the sending of MIDI clock from unit 2. "
the MD is receiving and sending clock according globals.

“is a little uncommon”
Multi trig and extended modulation beyond 3 LFOs.