Midi Stuff, More Information/Documentation?

I think I’ve read through the whole manual now, but I’m still not totally clear on what midi can/can’t do with the cycles.

Can you trigger different patterns within the Cycles through another controller?

Is there any advanced midi documentation somewhere? Basically trying to better understand what you can do with a midi controller besides trigger notes on a track, if anything.

Best,
David

You can change patterns using MIDI Program Change messages. The mapping is listed on page 20 of the M:C’s manual.

All the information is in the manual, although there’s not much descriptive text. Elektron doesn’t provide conventional MIDI implementation charts for its products. There is no separate “advanced” MIDI documentation.

The relevant manual pages and MIDI messages for external control of the M:C are:

• page 19: Note messages
  • 20: PC messages
  • 42-44; sync and configuration
  • 52: CC messages
3 Likes

Awesome thanks, that’s basically what I was looking for. Kinda hoped there was a secret document that explained everything lol. I’ll re-re-re-examine those sections you called out haha.

Much appreciated.

Best,
David

Just realized I misunderstood what PCH IN/OUT do :man_facepalming:. this makes more sense now haha