Midi sync between devices whilst one changes project

can you specify which version of the midigal firmware you had them install? looks like you can only run one at a time from their site

MidiGAL | MidiSizer

this looks like a good option if you’re willing to spend the money

You want the MIDIClck one. It has “Hold” mode sometimmes called “Latch” mode which is what I’m talking about.
Now… jyi - there is a catch here and that is that you need to have one device that never needs to be stopped or load projects that sends the clock that MIDIgal keeps time to. That device CAN be the MIDIgal itself because it does generate clock on it’s own if you need but when you hit stop on MIDIgal it will then stop all downstream devices not just the one that needs to load a project. A workaround would be to use a thru box coming from the MIDIgal and going to both devices and then make sure to disable incoming transport (NOT clock just transport) messages on the device that doesn’t need to load before hitting stop on MIDIgal. Keep it disabled until project is loaded and the other box has been resyncd/restarted then do the opposite when you want to load a project on the other box.
Personally, I found that the above approach took far too long to allow me to change settings, then fuck around with stopping, then loadinng new project, then restarting, and then more settings to be able to keep a set going. I now have a cheap drum machine sending clock to everything and a separate MIDIgal for all devices that need to load projects.

2 Likes

Yep! In fact the old model from them will resync multiple devices at once and can be had for less than $300

2 Likes

that’s all great info, thanks, especially since if a person can solder their own midigal you could potentially have them for about $60 each and then whatever components are required on the build sheet. I mean the other one linked looks dope but that’s close to 600 bucks so it’s a hard sell.

1 Like