MIDI track program change issues

I’m seeing inconsistent behavior of program change messages on midi tracks. My understanding is that the program number set will be triggered when switching to the pattern. For some reason in my setup, this happens once, and then when I switch to my next pattern the digitone is not sending the PC messages. If I manually move the program change nob on the digitone, it does the right thing, but that is a kinda kludgey. I’ve troubleshooted my system, and the device I’m trying to change presets on observes the program change from other sources, for example a Ruismaker mozaic script I wrote. I’m either not understanding what is expected behavior from the digitone, or there is some kind of bug. I’d rather it be me not understanding the expected behavior, and I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I should note that I’m on the 1.30a firmware.

Looks like there was something unreliable in the midi signal path, because now it’s working fine LOL. I’m not sure why when the digitone is hooked directly to the blackbox it works so inconsistently, but when I have midi flow through my iPad, it works fine, that seems super counter intuitive, but at least I have what I need now.