Minimal eurorack setup with Intellijel Atlantis

Probably not. Just having gas. Atlantis sounds great and the sequencer would be just something different to try after years of elektron step sequencers.
I‘m not so much interested anymore in patching simple voices, that‘s why I like semimodulars or voice modules.
Let’s see. I‘m sure the module making companies have their valid reasons for pricing, but when I compare modules to standalone synths, I always conclude eurorack is really expensive… with few exceptions

Congrats on your system. Patching cables can be great fun :slightly_smiling_face:

It is. It’s almost all to do with economies of scale. Hard to make money on a few hundred units when you are not buying components in vast quantities and there is a significant amount of R&D, skilled hand assembly and QA.

1 Like

Yes, I understand this. It’s just hard to justify often.
I mean you can really build something really cool with doepfer or dreadbox (or behringer…) that is more affordable.

I‘m not really interested so much anymore in the modular patching aspect of eurorack, but I would like to build a groovebox with nice hands on sequencing, 2 really nice synth voices and a few drum modules or even something like the queen of penctacles.
The tempting thing (besides the fact that there are great sounding options) about that approach would simply be, that I could have it all aligned one nice case, only one power supply, no big cables in my room etc… that’s much nicer than having several desktop units on the desk. But it gets really expensive quickly, when the sequencer is as much as one or two fully featured desktop synths…

Going off topic

1 Like

From 8 minutes, includes suggested modules surrounding the Atlantis.

2 Likes