Minimalist Desktop DT?

I was at work today and missing my DT and 1.50 so I thought I’d laser up myself a little one for my desk. Quickly knocked up in Illustrator and then etched into plaster of paris.

16 Likes

DT 1.50 withdrawal is real! I was on mine for about four hours straight last night and lost track of time. :smiley:

Such an elegant design

5 Likes

that looks so awesome! if that’s done at a 1 to 1 size and placement ratio, would it be possible for me to get a copy of the file? even if not, such a cool idea, thanks for sharing!

While digging in my scrap bin today, I decided to make these tiny um, not sure what they are, discs of ply with a DT etched in them that I stained with black ink.

(most of my life is split between making music that no one ever listens to and making objects that don’t serve any sensible purpose)

17 Likes

That’s my point with archeologists, they dig up an object from the past then give a reason for that objects use but in reality people have always made things for no apparent reason.

Same with cave drawing, it must be a message, no it was just somebody noodling, people do it now and I’m sure they did it back then.

In 3000 years time they’ll dig up your black electron objects and try to give practicable explanation as to what they were for.

You can tell I’m at work typing all that lol

1 Like

Yeah, is it good? I haven’t had a DT for a pretty long time. I enjoy my OT more as fx box / loop recorder than for processing samples, so I might try DT again at some point.

I have a Bitbox (great for playing samples, less for mangling) and a Rytm too. But I feel the DT has a real new defined place between them all now with the new OS :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s wicked. Making loops with various tracks, then bouncing them down by sampling them internally with perfect start and end points, and assigning those loops to one pad so you free up space, and chopping that up… It’s intoxicating.

2 Likes

You’re all making me want another one. Sold mine years ago and never looked back, but I did make such nice music with it. Having the ARmk2 felt like duplication, so couldn’t justify having both. I’m holding out for AR to be updated with the same functionality - otherwise I’ll buckle and buy another. They’ve shot up in price thought recently :sweat_smile:

1 Like