Miserable git moans about gear design

When I look at this, I see Tears in the rain

When I look at this, I see the contents of my wheelie bin.

All totally subjective, obviously.
I’m sure both bring much joy to all their users.

9 Likes

:100:. And funnily enough looking at one of the NE examples posted above I thought to myself “that reminds me a lot of old-school MN”

I wish more synths had KEYPADS lol

1 Like

Actually that doesn’t look so bad to me now ha ha

1 Like

Good choices.

I am bored stiff looking at the Techno. I’m ready to get freaky with the Shared.

2 Likes

I could look at that techno system all day.

One day it will be mine…

It’s got a rudimentary charm, yes, but the lightning bolts especially are a bit silly. Plus it was wise to move outputs over to their respective channels…

1 Like

20 characters of WHAT IS THERE TO LOOK AT?!

I do admit that keypad sequencer is sick though.

If you can’t see it I can’t help you.

Beautiful simplicity.

4 Likes

Dieter Rams has entered the chat
Salvador Dali has entered the chat

9 Likes

But also we’re now comparing a “techno” instrument with a genre neutral/defying instrument so it’s sort of apples and oranges

Not comparing use case, just design principles.

1 Like

Though interestingly enough I would ideally play my SS here

3 Likes

most of things i’ve seen in this topic are Malevich-style.

4 Likes

I’d love to get my hands on that Erica of course… and keypad aside :slight_smile: what I see is: Clean yes but also a bit sterile, all Black (and RED the other techno bro color ugh) = boring af, “We are going to make Techno” or some serious dour faced music (it is even called Techno system as if they don’t want you to consider making other music on it), everything-in-its-(proper)-placeness, and it’s still going to be a mess when you actually patch it any way. And at the end of the day it makes drum sounds.

The shared system is just like a f*cking blast and I want to see it blink and use that amazing cv bus even. damn is there even a mult in that Erica? Hard to tell as ALL the modules look exactly the same.

I am being a little over the top here for fun.

4 Likes

Yes it’s like arguing these vs an Ad Reinhardt all black painting.

1 Like

How very dare you!? :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly.
Erica have told me what they want me to do with it, so I would definitely not be doing that with it. Plenty you can do with it besides techno.

Thumbing my nose at Elektron, I never took Model:Cycles on a bicycle ride.

Don’t tell me how to live my life!

8 Likes

I know, but I feel that mentality feeds into the design aesthetic and not in a good way. If you ever get one I’d love to come over and make some non-techno with you.

1 Like