Mixer with both EQ controls per channel AND CV control of panning?

Question’s in the title, is there such a thing, in any format? Roland’s Eurorack mixer has the latter but not the former. I’m trying to figure out how to perform a peculiar song of mine live and wonder if there’s a way that doesn’t involve tons of money and cabling. ty

I don’t recall any.

I scanned through Martin Doudoroff’s review of eurorack mixers and didn’t see any (EQ is pretty rare in eurorack mixers; CV-able pan is less rare but uncommon; the two don’t seem to coincide on that list, as far as I can tell):

https://doudoroff.com/mixers/

You might be able to concoct such a thing with a Hector? (I know you could with a Euroburo, but I’m guessing you need more than two channels of audio.)

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been over that list too, looking for six channels. Hmm. Hector is a lot of investment for one song! Thanks, I may re-buy the Roland mixer and find an alternative to the EQ tricks I’m contemplating…

1 Like

ah yea this isn’t cheap to do- i would go out of modular into a standardish mixer with EQ and do all the panning with LCR method using same signal split across 3 channels. would give more control IMO and cooler cross modulation possibilities :smiley:

Actually, the track is a kind of wacky, randomized extension of LCR…in the DAW I’m using Soundtoys PanMan spread over different eq “regions” of the same drone. The result is a kind of intense stereo image where you can’t really tell what’s going on. I could always just bring a laptop but that’s no fun!

1 Like

now i want to hear it! haha. sounds so cool. i imagine dolby atmos stuff would excel at really immersing one in this chaos

1 Like