Mod Wiggler

You don’t EVEN know.

Telegraphs meant you had to know Morse code!

🥸

3 Likes

Soooo many bad modular purchasing descisions came out of that forum for me that i don’t actually care what its called…branded or what ever…

One too many rockin bananas playin guitar emogis for me to take anyone’s opinion seriously any who, back to making music…

1 Like

Kudos to Mike’s family for continuing to grow and evolve the site after his death.

If you don’t like the name, just remember, it’s theirs, it was never yours, and you can always start your own forum if you want to have a say in how it’s run.

8 Likes

I can’t log in at all now, and when I try the “forgot my password” thing it just says “invalid”.

Same

Did you try going directly to modwiggler.com? I saw that it helped some people…

@Adam9 I think there are the more unsavory characters certainly, but some of the info and opinions in there are excellent.

2 Likes

That works! Thank you!

Ah! of course, thanks.

Great modular noodling e.p. title…

2 Likes

Great but a missed opportunity to lose Wiggler in favour of twiddler.

Mod Twiddler.

2 Likes

I see it as a good thing, as the original name was always kinda dumb/childish. but I wish they would’ve gone farther. “ModWiggler” looks better if it shows up on my work machine’s browser history, but still not great. the GS switch was a much bigger improvement on that front.

the problem is people are trying to log in at the old DNS of muffwiggler… instead of the new one of modwiggler.

i had the same problem… erased my browser history and got rid of the old links to muffwiggler… works fine now. no access to old bookmarks within the site though.

1 Like

Those links should work (they said you wouldn’t loose bookmarks) but you might not be able to login from there. Not sure…

I’m totally necro-ing this thread but is it me or is this community a little more toxic than most.

(Totally antidotal of course). I’ve posted 2 things in this forum and was met with ridiculous hostility.

1 Like

Is that you, Jeremy?

You cheeky little scamp, you…

2 Likes

I love modwiggler aside from a few of the moderators whose views are out of step with most of the regular posters but in a way that makes it a more interesting place to me.

Better than Gearspace. And a great FS/T section.

But yeah, some major d-holes on there.

2 Likes

Agreed, one of the best f/s places.

I just wish they hadn’t changed the rules to 100 posts… It’ll likely take me a year to get there.

It’s really not unlike too many other places really. I’ve seen more helpful content than negative stuff.

One of the reasons I don’t post often there is because most of my questions have been asked and answered already.

5 Likes

Depends on the topic really! Some of the posters I’d rather not deal with, but I don’t think that it’s broadly hostile.

There really are some good threads that make it easier to get there without spamming or adding noise.

I mean, even posting a thread with questions you don’t have the answers to outside of MW can give opportunity to respond to suggestions.

There’s definitely some grumpiness to the mods, but as unpaid roles and with some uh personalities* I don’t really care? Labors of love are going to be frustrating so even if I get snarked at I take in stride and step away from the keyboard.

*less cave trolls than Gearspace “everything I don’t like is a toy you’re stupid for owning this and not that, also everyone rebel against the mods [img-braveheart]” nozzles who gibber and get permabanned and create sockpuppets to come back to gibber and get banned… at least it’s gotten better since the change away from “slutz” caused the least constructive or interesting posters to melt down.

5 Likes

well, to be fair, you did ask some pretty dumb questions. :crazy_face:

(kidding, I have no idea what your username is there or what you posted.)

it can be a weird place, yeah. occasionally I run into people looking to fight about the details of everything but I generally don’t care enough to bother getting into that. there’s a ton of knowledge there though, if you look for it. and most people there are willing to share what they have. I also feel like it used to be better a decade or so ago. maybe the explosion of eurorack lead to a bunch of new users since then and the signal to noise ratio changed, along with the general mood. I also have a feeling the euro subforum is worse than other places, but I never go in there. I’m generally in General Gear and 4U, where people respect one another. (kidding again… General Gear is a mine-field.)

2 Likes