Modal Argon8 – 8 voice polyphonic wavetable synthesiser

Great, thanks. Should be fine then.

Added another video on Argon8. In this one I talk about adding more advanced modulations for sound exploration.

My next videos will focus on using the DT to sequence the Argon8, but I’m waiting for Modal to release MODALplugin support (the VST version of MODALapp).

2 Likes

Just adding some random thoughts on DT + Omnisphere + FL Studio + Argon8, as I did my first sketch track using everything last night (which was fun!).

First off, I SOOO want Modal to release the MODALplugin for Argon8, but I also want them to take their time to do it right. It’s a critical part of my setup that all settings can be saved as an FL Studio file (and be used as a template). DT is great for this, and Total Recall is a god send.

One thing I’m re-evaluating is my midi routing and setup, as I want it to be cleaner. I personally find FL Studio to be hard to understand for midi routing. The way it splits things out get’s very confusing (midi device settings + VST Wrapper + midi out plugin). This is how my current setup looks like.

Maybe with midi 2.0 Image-line will seize the opportunity to start over :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Gino

Just saw this:

1 Like

Holding out for the larger key bed option

1 Like

There is a lot of space there on top of the larger one. I’m starting to get some good ideas for it.

10 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

I wonder if there is anything under that space – perhaps they could put a locking door. All sort of things to hide away in there.

1 Like

I like that idea. A space for the power supply, a couple of cables, the signed copy of Hall & Oates “Abandoned Luncheonette” which your ex got you by mistake after you proclaimed your love for oatmeal in general.

3 Likes

Does the 8M fit there? Looks like it’s close. It’d double the fun.
I’d say Jackson missed a trick if it doesn’t.

2 Likes

That would be cool if it fits, but it might be a little tight.

Although, math was never my strong suit, so who knows. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Looks legit.

That’s a 6 foot arm holding the module in front of the kb, right? Just can’t see that part, right?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s totally what it is. :rofl:

Well then you nailed it!

1 Like

On a serious note, because you all crack too many jokes around here; Knowing that the module is 15" wide, and the big one is 35" wide, I made a quick overlay, and it looks like there will be some overlap, and the module would not fit. That is not to say that it may not be able to fit somehow. Maybe the feet are not out the the edges of the module, and it could slide to the right a little, or maybe those waves 3D stands could prop it up and slide it over to the right. Or maybe levitation.

3 Likes

15 Likes

You did it!!!

1 Like

I analyzed the geometry, crunched the numbers, put in the time, and drew my conclusion: fuckin fits my dude!

5 Likes

Well that does it, I’m gonna need 3 or 4 of these. You deserve a medal, or a peace prize.

1 Like