Modal Electronics Cobalt8

I’m not after any more synths. But if I was, the Cobalt8 M would be my first pick.

3 Likes

Andertons UK have the cobalts in stock…

Modal COBALT8 8-Voice Extended Virtual-Analogue Synthesizer

FATAR 37-note key bed

Modal COBALT8M 8M

COBALT8M

If you want the 61 key version you’ll have to pre order… think I’ll grab the module version later tonight.

1 Like

My Cobalt8M will be with me on Monday, as well as a Mode Machines ADX-1… Excited :slight_smile:

Well my Cobat8M will now be arriving today, cant wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell us immediately when you have some impressions))

Immediately

3 Likes

Due between 13:20 and 14:20 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Eeeek I just ordered one. This is only the second synth I’ve bought new in 20 years of buying gear. I just really liked the sounds I heard coming from it. Think it will take a bit longer to get over to Denmark tho.

1 Like

Well mine arrived early. Initial thoughts, very impressed, nice clean crisp full bodied
sound, flicking through the presets, and Modal have done a great job with them very very usable presets, still finding my way around it, not quite figured out how to access some global settings yet, but its going to be a keeper in my setup, its going to sit in the rack just above the Hydrasynth module, gonna be a busy boy next few days, my Mode Machnes ADX-1 just showed up 3 days earlier than advised, so need to get that in my setup now too.

7 Likes

:rofl:

It’s hanging by the cables ?!?!

2 Likes

Yeah… but why not?

Haha - probably? It doesn’t weigh much.

No it was screwed on back onto backplate using the NTS1 screws

1 Like

All setup and mounted into rack.

9 Likes

Please compare it Vs Hydra…very interesting
Base on sound quality

The sound is different to hydrasynth, it compliments well. Cobalt sound sits well with hydra. Its a keeper fir me. The sound seems bit more full bodied than hydra not as busy if that makes sense lol

4 Likes

Hello…

It’s tiny!

1 Like

You didnt waste any time there man. Get stuck in!
Very interesting sounding synth that.

1 Like

Ordered it yesterday lunchtime from Andertons, delivered this morning at 7:15.

Very first impressions.
The oscillators sound unbelievably good, as does the filter.
Knobs are super smooth, but a touch wobbly (though not enough to be worrying).
LEDs are bright (even on the lowest setting).
UI is surprisingly easy to navigate, lots of shift functions but less menu diving than I’d feared.
The FX are pretty usable, (the lofi is very good, at least for what I want it for) but they suck a lot of volume, which is mostly (but not completely) solved with the patch gain settings. I can forsee a bit of fettling to make sure patch volumes aren’t all over the place.
The joystick is very pleasant to use.

I like it.

6 Likes