Model 1 DJ/Studio mixer

I would always get the Xone96 over the Model1

Speedy J uses the Xone96 for livesets.

2 Likes

X96 is a tried and tested classic, made better with every iteration, but the m1 is unmatched in sound quality

2 Likes

There quite a few in here, you should give a look but nothing that’s a huge no go

I know the 96 is a classic but I don’t know, the philosophy behind the M1 catches my attention. The fact I could get the M1 for 2.300€ is also very tempting !

1 Like

I have a 1.4
I thought of buying x96

Why I am happy with my choice:

1. the eq is very nice. Not only it’s sound, also it doesn’t take much processor memory of my brain. Fantastic HpFilter on every track makes me cut the sound very right. If needed I up or down some freq. all super intuitive, works better than 4 band eq for me

2. the size is really nice

3. no x faders saves me from a lot of unpleasant accidents.

4. really like the saturation knob on every channel.

So for me it brings a log of power (like x96), but more efficient for my brain

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. This is what I have in mind ! I don’t need the integrated soundcard, the number of channels of the M1 is enough. I’m bit more concerned by the issues I’ve read in here but I guess I will have to give a try and see how it goes :slight_smile:

Don’t really understand the speedy j argument.

Its everywhere in the Stoor Studio, he uses it for liveset and performances as it is a quite flexible mixer

Probably the Model 1 sounds better but the xone has more options in terms of connections and it is a tested environment

1 Like

Better sound than xone 96…. Perfect is already perfect. Might be a little better, but it doesn’t add any value to me, since x96 sounds so good.

If you want a very big and ‘normal’ mixer, then x96 is really good. Nothing against x96. Especially for dj ing….

If you like the connectivity with digital gear (computer), x96 might be a better idea, m1 is expensive.

But artists using gear should never be the argument to have an opinion, I think.

1 Like

I 100% agree, my argument was more towards the point that is a tested environment for livesets and performances.

The fact that Ritchie Hawtin uses and promote the Model 1 is good enough reason for me to not invest in it

I’ll probably kick myself for doing it, but I’ll bite…please explain.

To offer something constructive, my Model 1 didn’t have any of the issues reported here. Maybe some noise out cue B but only through the headphone jack, not the DB25 outputs. DB25 was the reason I chose the M1 over the X96. And I like the eq setup better. I love the high and low pass filters on each channel. And the drive on each channel. OK now I’m rambling.

3 Likes

I know all the fuzz around him about his pricey stuff and I fully agree tho

1 Like

Why

I don’t listen to hawtin although I used to love plastikman music. Also saw him playing timewarp and had a (sober) amazing time from 5am-2pm

But come one, gear is not about the marketing communication. I don’t choose gear because of that.

And I think it makes no sense to focus on hawtin or speedy. Focus on your own needs!

4 Likes

In few words: “marketing gimmick”

And built in Scotland instead of China… (not sure whether that is relevant with respect to quality, but it certainly has an impact on the price point)

3 Likes

Yep. I have the latest orion 32+ gen 3.