Model:Cycles 24 Voices Space Drone

Hey guys, i thought it may be interesting to share this little jam with the M:C, utilizing 24 voices at the same time (or at least kind-of :wink: )

By setting up each of the 6 tracks with a 4 voice chord machine with carefully altered sonic parameters and LFO modulations, when played at the same time, it’s basically possible to get 24 voices. Via a connected iPad loaded with AUM and the free MidiTools auv3, AUM‘s keyboard is routed to send on all 6 midi channels simultaneously, so each single key press triggers all six tracks. To smoothen the envelopes a bit, a pinch of additional fx is added with velvetmachine reverb on the iPad. Recorded straight to the iPad in AUM. Hope you like it!

18 Likes

Amazing, an icy orchestra of glass in a small grey box.

1 Like

haha, i couldn’t describe it better :blush: Thanks for stopping by!

Excellent.

1 Like

Little machine so full of surprises… like all good devices are.

1 Like

That is awesome!
Really pushing the dear thing!

1 Like

I like your thinking… although on a technical level the chord machine is the one machine in the cycles that doesn’t use FM and instead has a wavetable. I wouldn’t sweat the little things though.

2 Likes

ahhhh, good call. FM and Cycles was so connected in my brain that i oversaw that fact, thanks for clarifying!

soooo much appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

Its limitations are really kinda challenging to explore it even more! Thanks a lot for stopping by!

i don’t feel pity at all :joy: Thanks a lot, glad you like it!

1 Like