Model Cycles and AUM

Hello I am new here and trust this is not a stupid question I have had a look to see if the answer is already here but it seems not …Question …is there a way to get audio either from USB or headphone out strait from the Cycles into AUM.
Any advice will be most appreciated …cheers

Sure. You need a CCK (Camera connection kit) adapter if you have an iPad with lightning connection.

Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DGDNL2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_NWQSEAPD8273N0W9ZXPC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If you have a new ipad with USB C , then youll need a different CCK/adapter.

1 Like

Thankyou for your response …I have the camera connector but when I use it AUM s hardware input only sees the iPad microphone…any other advice cheers

It should show up in hardware input section, so you re looking in the correct place. Check the settings on MC, i.e. you have audio over USB enabled (I think that is the default setting on a new project).
Also, is the CCK an official Apple one? I know some 3rd party ones are unreliable.

The above suggestion is correct, but note I had one weird day where MC would NOT show up in AUM. I changed usb cables, powered everything off and back up, turned the MC settings off and on, forced quit AUM, etc, eventually it went back to normal. Hasn’t happened since. If you have a proper CCK and the correct settings on the MC, maybe try all those things and see if it was just a quirk.

…yup…try around…it defenitly worx…also syncwise with other apps…
and it’s defenitly worth it…cycles is almost made for this combo…kind of…

Agree with @kryten42 - I just flipped back from A+M to just MID on Config Menu > Device (7/7) and it instantly disappears. Also, suggestion about using an official/Apple branded CCK is sound. iOS devices are notorious for being super flaky with anything non-Apple. I’m using the original, non powered lightning CCK with both iPad Air 3 and iPhone XR and it’s worked a-ok in AUM, Cubasis and GarageBand. Good luck! It’s a great combo :slight_smile: