Model Cycles as Midi keyboard?

Hi, Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the 16 step/note buttons on the Model Cycles to output midi notes to external gear? ie: for the Cycles to be a MIDI keyboard? I have set it to USB out and have it connected/USB enabled in Logic but it shows no midi activity when the Cycles keys are pushed . . . (other midi keyboard work fine so it’s not Logic) . . . Thanks

Yes, I use one of the channels to play the Korg NTS-1, or the Typhon. You just need to activate the funcion Midi Out in the track pad.

This is why for me the Cycles is one of the best machines out there, taking in consideration the price and functionalities. Is not only an FM groovebox, but a very capable midi sequencer for other gear.

1 Like

Thanks, not sure what I am doing wrong but I don’t have any tracks muted, track 6 for example plays a cycles internal bass sound but it’s not also transmitting any CC notes out of the Cycles USB (with midi set to out and M+U) . . . .

Maybe try first to connect the Cycles via midi to another synth with midi in, and check if it works, to discard any issue with the cycles.

CCs ? or notes ? or carbon copy notes ?

Anyway, only constructive thoughts are

• have you checked the TRK MENU (FUNC+TRACK) has MOut ticked
  • have you thoroughly explored all the MIDI settings within config (channels, filtering, sync, etc)
2 Likes

Thanks!! That was it!! the midi was not enabled in the track submenu - working now!

2 Likes