Model:Cycles Hum

I have a strange issue I am wondering if anyone else has. When I am using the model:cycles with headphones and the model:cycles is powered on everything is great. However, when the model:cycles is powered off I hear a faint hum in the headphones (sounds kind of like a ground hum). This still happens even when the model cycles is the only thing plugged into the outlet. Anyone else hear this? It’s weird that there is only a hum when it is powered off (put plugged in to power of course, if I unplug it from the wall the hum goes away).

Do you have anything connected to the USB port? One thing you can check, is on the power supply, make sure the prongs are completely snapped into place.

If neither of those are the case, it could be a faulty power supply. I have a powered USB hub that makes a similar sound anytime I’d power the hub. It will hum for a few seconds after I disconnect from both the wall and the hub.

Nothing in the usb and prongs fully seated…

This is probably your answer right there. The Models use only a 2-prong plug. I suppose, in theory, you could be picking up some ground noise via the power supply. If it’s faint, it shouldn’t be a big deal, right? I’ve never noticed this before, but I’ll try to fire up my Cycles later today to see if it happens to me too. Not a 1-for-1 comparison though, since it’s in my house, not yours.