Model:Cycles Live Record On Muted Track

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

When you in live record mode on a track which is muted, then when you start to play in chromatic mode it will give you a sound.

This’s not useful when you do live, in my opinion if the track is muted it will be good to not hear the sound when live recording, if the track is not muted so you will hear it. I researched by myself and there’s no other options to do it.

I need you guys to point to this topic and maybe Elektron will see it and give an update for it.

Have a nice one!

feature-request@elektron.se :+1:

If you play from a midi keyboard on a muted track, you’ll hear the track? Just a thought…but I guess it’s normal behaviour for “sequencer mute” as opposed to “audio mute” like on the Octatrack. Both have their advantages…

2 Likes

I think it doesn’t matter you play it through midi keyboard or in chromatic mode in the device itself, you will still get a sound on muted track. My point is when you do live on scene sometimes you want to improvise and do a live record, but I don’t want this audio to go to master if it’s muted, if it’s not you will be hear the sound.

Think this will be more intuitive and logically proper behaviour.

Sure, would make sense. I guess the intent behind sequencer mute is (IIRC all Elektrons except OT work like that), you can mute the sequencer data, but still play the track - Unmute the track and the sequencer takes over.
Elektrons are very much about messing with something you already have prepared. Not only of course, but to some extend they are.

Yeah, probably. What about turning the track’s level down when you record into the sequencer?
Easier on the bigger boxes with individual outputs and performance macros/scenes, but maybe that could work for you?

1 Like

That’s very unlikely imho, the mutes are only for the sequencer events (exception is OT as stated), if you don’t want to hear it turning the volume down is one option … I just don’t bsee them prioritising playing in blind like that

3 Likes