Model:Cycles - missing first note randomly on MIDI sequencer start

Hi - loving the Model:Cycles - great bit of kit. However, I have an issue where the Cycles sometimes misses the first note (in this case a kick drum) when I start my sequencer (Squarp Pyramid). It doesn’t happen with any other gear - just the Cycles. Annoying as I record live, so if the first note doesn’t trigger via MIDI clock I have to stop and start recording again and hope it triggers first time.

I’ve noticed this has been an issue for the Digitakt too. I’ve entered a ticket to let Elektron know, but has anyone else had any issues and did you find a fix? Presuming it’ll be a firmware issue.

Thanks!

Jamie

Noticed the same behaviour on the Model Samples too, while I was sequencing from the ipad with AUM.

When connected to the Blackbox and/or Microfreak, the Samples is very tight and always hits the first note.

1 Like

Yes, known issue which I’ve reported to Elektron (affects M:S and M:C). I see this when using transport from Ableton (not when synced from Digitone for example).

My workaround is to nudge Trig1 one click later (using FUNC+NUDGE) or nudge TRIG2 early (maximum amount).

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies - hopefully they’ll provide a firmware fix soon.

Hi - had a reply from Elektron this morning with good news!

" I am sorry that you are experiencing this with your device.
This is a confirmed reported bug and our team is working on fixing this in further updates."

So, a fix is in the works. In the meantime, jaybee6244’s workaround above works very well.

2 Likes