Model cycles sync to td3

Hi,
Forgive the noob question. I’m trying to connect the model:cycles as master clock for the behringer td3. I’ve read the manuals and trawled the forum trying different fixes, but nothing seems to work! Problem seems to be from the model:cycle side, as the td3 will clock to other midi devices…please help…

how are you connecting the pair ?

what settings have you adjusted on the MC etc ?

are you using the correct dongle and the correct polarity for it ?

needs details …

2 Likes

Definitely check that you’re using the dongles for the M:C. Some similar MIDI adapters are reverse as mentioned above.

Make sure you’re sending transport messages from the M:C. Otherwise the clock won’t start and stop on the TD-3.

Make sure the TD-3 is set to MIDI and typically 48ppq.

Also, the play-button needs to be active on the TD-3 for it to pick up the clock.

That’s really about it. Just make sure the M:C is sending via MIDI, is the master, and sending transport.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I’m using the MIDI adapter that came with the M:C, and I tried a couple of different MIDI cables in case that was a factor.

I have the TD-3 set to midi channel 1, and 48ppq. Made sure play was active. Perhaps there is a sub menu for transport messages in the M:C that I have missed. I’ll try the manual again.

It is probably user error. I’ve been software based for the past 20 years. Last hardware unit I bought was a QY70 in 2001, so I’m a little out of practice. It was all very simple back in the olden days… :slight_smile:

check these settings, buried throughout the midi settings then

clock out = ON

output to MIDI or M+U (Midi and USB)

port : output polarity = standard

port config : out/thru = OUT

that doesn’t matter with clock which is not a channel message

that is kinda odd as teh MIDI spec has ppqn baked in, but perhaps you can half the clock rate on the TD3, so be sure you have the port (if applicable) on TD3 running MIDI and not DIN-Sync (if applicable) … don’t know TD3

Yes you can change the clock sync settings on the TD 3 either via the front panel or with the Synthtool app. It supports 1, 2, 24 & 48 PPQN. :+1:

1 Like