Model Cycles // Usb to IPhone

Hi guys! Have anyone record the M:Cycles vía usb in iPhone?

Is there other way to do it without using the Apple stuff (Lighting to Usb camera kit, etc) ?

Hope you’ll fine!

Itha.

1 Like

Pretty sure you have to use the camera connector kit. Before buying one I tried using a lightning to USB cable I had lying around and it didn’t work. Camera kit works perfectly.

There may be a third party product that does what the camera kit does (ie, allows the phone to act as a USB host) but when I googled it I found people having issues and enough “just buy the camera kit” advice that I went with the Apple one.

2 Likes

Thanks man. That’s an issue with third party products with apple. Anyway, i’ll buy one of those “camera kit”.

Thanks for your answer!

I remember doing this at one point and needing a powered usb hub for some reason. Is that still the case?

The M:C records straight into an iPhone/iPad with the camera kit. No hub needed.

For avoidance of any doubt (as there are a few similar-looking adaptors), it’s this one:

2 Likes

A friend has borrowed one this afternoon, it works fine! AUM recognized it well :fire::love_you_gesture:t3:! No hub needed.

Thanks for the help guys!

2 Likes

Hi. I use iRig. It is mono, but it works. Listen from headphones output and record from main output.

The question I have is: can you record video and audio at the same time? I’m interested in recording my performances and I’m having trouble syncing sound and video :sweat_smile:

You can record both. The M:C replaces your phone’s mic and prints straight to the video.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I needed to know this because I would love to record using just my iPhone camera with audio synced coming just from the usb! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: