Model:Samples Bugs Thread

The memory gauge for the 1G drive is missing.

Hello, I recently purchased a Model: Samples and I am loving it so far, however I have encountered a strange problem. I have transferred some of my own samples from my computer but when I select the folder to load them into a pattern I select the folder, hold the orange button, select yes to “load samples from directory”, and every time, no matter what folder; I get a “5 SAMPLES LOADED” message, despite the fact that there are 6 samples in each folder, I made sure of it.

Is there a particular reason why this is happening? I have ensured playback is stopped and tried a few different things but I can’t figure it out. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I actually noticed this happens only with some folders, sometimes it loads 6, sometimes it loads 4, despite there being 6 samples in each folder. Is this perhaps fue to sample length?

It might possibly be related to the way that the samples treats numeric suffixes on files … the suffixes are used for ordering … so if you had 2 files in that folder finishing with the same number that might cause an issue perhaps ?

1 Like

I had this issue as well. Tried renaming the samples and reloading the folders but I never could get the issue resolved so I just lived with it…

In fact, at that time I was gearing up to share some 6 sample m:s kits but I never did because I was afraid it would happen to everybody who downloaded my kits so I was like nevermind this shit doesn’t work and everyone will message me for troubleshooting and I’ll just be like :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi,

I am having trouble loading an existing project. When I go into the project menu and select an existing project, it prompts me to save the current project and I select yes. But then it does not switch to the selected project (does not say load ok) and the project menu stays on the screen. So I choose the project I want again and again it prompts me to save the current project. I choose yes but it again reverts back to the project menu without loading the project. Loop-based irony.

Then I chose to rename the current project, and I somehow chose to overwrite the current project with the factory stock project (?) and lost an entire project of 16 patterns that I had been working on for over a month :cry:.

I looked up this issue as a possible bug but found this thread so here I am. I still cannot successfully load an existing project but I am not feeling very creative right now. I wanted to make tech support aware of this issue. I am running current firmware version. I also have a DT and OT Mk1 so I am very familiar with the elektron GUI. Thanks :pray:

1 Like

I have exactly the same bug! I can only get out of it after switching the device off entirely.

There is a button you can hit to get out of it without turning it off, but I don’t have my M:S in front of me at the moment.

Here is what I posted in after that:

So in response to my own post above, I no longer consider a bug, but an undocumented feature because it comes in handy when jamming. Again, if you hold FUNC for a second before long holding SETTINGS (TEMP SAVE) button, all of the T1-T6 will show their mute state even after you let go of the buttons. The “save yes or no” is still left on the screen, but if you hit the back button it goes away, or you can save it or not at that time. And the T1-T6 buttons will remain in their mute/unmute states, allowing you to mute or unmute each channel as you wish. To exit, just tap the FUNC key.

1 Like

I wish I could get that to work on the M:C with current firmware. However I try that, the 6 lights go off (mute mode is exited) whenever FUNC is released, so it’s not (for me, here) an addition mute mode, just normal mute operation. Maybe samples is different.

EDIT: Aha, I see that post is from 2 years ago … probably behaviour since changed by firmware, then.

1 Like

Dumb question here; so I loaded a project and all of a sudden all of the patterns in the project are double time, even though I have it synced to midi from my daw (Cubase) on the same song with same bpm I used these patterns with before. I definitely saved everything and haven’t edited anything since using them with this song. This is also the case with all my other projects now for some reason. I tried powering on and off and same issue.

This can be fixed by changing pattern scale to 1/2, but the patterns were previously all set to 1 and had the same tempo they now have at 1/2. What do you think could have caused this?

Funnily enough, this happened to me this morning … I checked the tempo and it was set to external, and no external clock was present, so it appear to default to 120. As soon as I switched of external clock, I got the desired 107 bpm.

I’m not sure how that project got set to external, but it must have been me (at some point). As to how the PATTERN got set to default to the project state … I suspect that was because I loaded that pattern from sysex.

I welcome any observations on the above … just in case I’ve been talking rubbish (I haven’t tried to reproduce the sequence of events) … but that’s how it looks to me. On Model:Cycles BTW, but I assume they’re the same in this respect.

I have mine set for external but there IS a midi clock present, it is being sent from my daw and it syncs up, but everything is in double time now (even though the daw tempo is the same) so I would have to edit every single pattern in every project to get them to sync as they used to. It’s quite peculiar. There doesn’t seem to be an global tempo division in the model: samples, just the pattern scale function which is set the same as it always is.

Does anybody from Elektron ever reply to these threads? This thread seems dead and last time I tried to start a new thread it got closed and thrown in the pile here. People seem to only ever post problems and no one replies with solutions; is there a better place for me to post about these issues?

See first post in the thread: Model:Samples Bugs Thread

1 Like

No, they don’t afiak. As you may know the forum isn’t really affiliated with them. If you want a response from them I would start a customer service ticket.

I haven’t used mine in a while but I feel like a lot of those settings are typically stored in the project. So between global and per pattern.

I just sent in a ticket with them. The thing is this happens in all of my projects, with all of my patterns in every project. They are all double time, exactly. Changing to 1/2 scale in an individual pattern fixes this, but it used to play at the speed it now plays at 1/2 when it was set to 1.

Ah yea. That is strange. Defo better to send the ticket in : )

I’m trying to use my Model:Samples as a clock source for my Ditto X4 Looper pedal, but it doesn’t seem to be a reliable clock source.

Since the Ditto X4 has a reputation for drifting, at first I thought that was my problem. You can see it happening here:

As I pointed out in the video, you can see that sometimes the blinking LED seems to skip a beat, like it missed a signal from the M:S. Or I thought it was missing a signal. Now I think it’s more likely that the M:S didn’t send one.

That’s because when I switch the clock source to Ableton and send clock to the M:S over USB, then to the Ditto X4, the problem goes away, as you can see here:

It moves around a teeny-tiny bit, but it essentially stays where it belongs. And I don’t think the LED missed a single beat.

Obviously in the second video the clock is still going through the M:S, but it seems to be more reliable when it’s just passing clock along than when it is generating it.

Edit: And just like when your car is making a funny noise except when you take it to the shop, now I can’t replicate the issue, even though you can clearly see it happening in the first video. The M:S delivers a rock-solid clock signal to Ableton, though, so maybe it is the Ditto after all.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yes! Did you ever find a solution?

I found that if you press T2 while recording, it then somehow starts playing it again…